Lost Tradition?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why? It isn't illegal.

Very few kids signal for a trucker to honk.
I always enjoyed seeing kids and giving them a honk, but it happens every little.

I flash my lights to signal a speed trap, also.
I flash my lights at the cops, too. It does pizz them off. I had one turn around and stop me. Told him, I flashed because he was just over a hill and stopped partially on the highway, creating a safety hazard. Did he wanted to view my dash cam?

He didn't. He left, mad. Had 2 more within 10 miles. Pulled radar on me and followed me for a couple miles. Uneventful, but there are azzholes out there.
My 20 year old Daughter has Downes syndrome, we hit the highway and she’s giving the truckers her best smile and yanking on that imaginary horn chain, it’s a rarity that the truckers don’t give her a double toot. I just love truckers, when we stop for fuel and come across a trucker, Jordan gets so excited, most of the time she gets a high five or a hug, it seems that when they come together both separate with a smile. Like I said, I love those truckers.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I-44, especially on the turnpikes, is the amateur trucker route. You might get better results on I-40.
I-44 is the smuggler route and many of those drivers are foreigners.

Last week close to Miami I saw a very strange site headed west on I-44, 3 tractor trailer rigs running very very close together, fairly late model White tractors, all painted white, not a single letter on the doors, blank cabs and all white trailers with no name. There couldn't have been 2O feet between them. Strange

About 5 minutes later, the same exact thing happened, hmm what's going on here? Well, another 5 minutes goes by and sure enough a 3rd group of 3 all white painted White tractors with all white trailers tractor goes by. None of these trucks had any markings at all.

Like I said, I-44 is a smuggling route. People, drugs, whatever.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about cruising? In high school, we used to cruise 12th Street in Moore. I’m assuming kids haven’t done that in a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom