Lost Tradition?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old tradition that is no more:

Saturday night “visiting” between families. I used to love going to other peoples houses to “visit” on Saturday evenings.

Get to see other kids rooms, play in other peoples back yards, meet new kids, eat differently cooked food.

No more it seems.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Old tradition that is no more:

Saturday night “visiting” between families. I used to love going to other peoples houses to “visit” on Saturday evenings.

Get to see other kids rooms, play in other peoples back yards, meet new kids, eat differently cooked food.

No more it seems.
Yep, the good old days!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quit doing that when I found the oncoming cars were unmarked patrol cars
Why? It isn't illegal.

Very few kids signal for a trucker to honk.
I always enjoyed seeing kids and giving them a honk, but it happens every little.

I flash my lights to signal a speed trap, also.
I flash my lights at the cops, too. It does pizz them off. I had one turn around and stop me. Told him, I flashed because he was just over a hill and stopped partially on the highway, creating a safety hazard. Did he wanted to view my dash cam?

He didn't. He left, mad. Had 2 more within 10 miles. Pulled radar on me and followed me for a couple miles. Uneventful, but there are azzholes out there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom