Lots of people shot by unloaded gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess that settles things with the ammo shortage. Who knew that you didn't even need bullets? Gonna save a ton going to the range now that I don't have to load my guns.

Look...Glock 19 - 15 rounds of 9mm - dead center - 1" group - 100yds.

[Broken External Image]

This unloaded gun shoots great.

Last edited:

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess that settles things with the ammo shortage. Who knew that you didn't even need bullets? Gonna save a ton going to the range now that I don't have to load my guns.

Look...Glock 19 - 15 rounds of 9mm - dead center - 1" group - 100yds.

[Broken External Image]

Nice shooting!

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, she can't express herself properly but we know what she meant. "Lots of people have been shot by guns they _thought_ were unloaded."

The majority of my guns are in safes but there are always strays around the house. Guns I was "looking at" or dry firing. Plus my carry gun and a few hideaway guns stashed here and there that are loaded. At 51 years of age, I've spent many thousands of hours with guns in my hands. Plus my Army time as a soldier and unit armorer. So I know it is fun to make fun of the anti-gun person but it never hurts to remember the basic safety lesson. "All guns are always loaded." That's the way I trained my children. That and "Safeties.... aren't." Anybody that handles guns literally every day has to fight complacency with them. I have several revolvers that are in sight in the living room and dining room. They are unloaded and always are. I pick them up every day. I dry fire them on occasion. But I absolutely insist to myself that I check them when I pick them up. I don't know how they could get loaded... maybe a magical "little person" showed up in the night and put some rounds in them? But I still force myself to ALWAYS check each cylinder before I start handling them.

So yeah, she's an idiot. But don't dismiss the idea, even if she couldn't express it worth beans! (And she was wrong to try to use that to oppose CA style unloaded firearm carry.)

Gregg

Latest posts

Top Bottom