Love my lever guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a great collection of Henry's including the 357/38 golden boy big boy, .17 rmr (I had it nickle plated..looks cool), pump action (yeah I know it's not a lever but it a henry...., 22 tube fed, long ranger 223/556 side gate, and a couple other and a 22 lever action Marlin built in 1950's passed down to me, the 30.30 you see below in the brushed nickle and a couple more repeats. These will all be hand me downs so they will stay in the family particularly my 36a 22 made in 1953. It' was handed down and down till it got to me. We lost our only child so I'll have to pass down the Henry's and Marlins to one of my sisters kids. That's going to be tough as I don't want the collection broke up.
Anyway, here's a pic of my Henry Golden boy 357/38 and my Marlin 336

Attachments

• Henry and Marlin.JPG
    Henry and Marlin.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 4

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good, liking that collection. BTW- I’m independent, married and stable but still always up for adoption. 😎

I think ALL lever guns should be side-gate loading, even .22’s. I’m on the prowl for a Henry Big Boy Model X in .357, might even take a .44. But I already have suppressors that’ll work for the .357.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I get it too. I’ve had the lever gun bug. Owned a few, mostly .357 and 45/70 both henry and marlins. Reloaded for them as well.

Recently sold my last leverguns on here.. at the end of the day, for me, they were just range toys and safe queens. For serious work I always reach for mag fed semi’s or my bolt guns (bolts for hunting). Again that’s just me and my circumstances…

I will always love and appreciate lever guns, but for me personally.. they were easier to put on the chopping block whenever I needed funds for other things.

But who knows… talk to me in 5yrs and I may get into cowboy action shooting and dump a ton of cash into lever guns again lol

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good, liking that collection. BTW- I’m independent, married and stable but still always up for adoption. 😎

I think ALL lever guns should be side-gate loading, even .22’s. I’m on the prowl for a Henry Big Boy Model X in .357, might even take a .44. But I already have suppressors that’ll work for the .357.
Ha. How very kind

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once owned a Marlin just like yours on the right. Still have few but that particular one went in trade. It was a nice piece of work!

They can be an infection hard to get over! Usually replaced only with some other infection.

Attachments

• 4B887F78-1846-48A9-BE55-02ED37B3A52D.jpeg
    4B887F78-1846-48A9-BE55-02ED37B3A52D.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 0

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have 6 lever action Winchesters 3ea 308 model 88 ,1ea model 88 243,1ea 22 LR model 9422, 1ea 9422m. And 1ea Savage 99 308. And Marlin 4570 stainless 16 inch barrel

Attachments

• IMG_1517.JPG
    IMG_1517.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once owned a Marlin just like yours on the right. Still have few but that particular one went in trade. It was a nice piece of work!

They can be an infection hard to get over! Usually replaced only with some other infection.
It was a nice addiction. Grew up deer hunting with a 30-30 lever action and lots of deer were taken by my brothers and I. I still prefer a 30 30 if I'm hunting deer. Even though I don't hunt now for med reasons, I still grab a 30 30 when I go stay at camp (except this year when I just coudn't get the strength. Also, we hunted with mules when we got in the hilly country and a lever action was always perfect to put in a scabbard.
Still think more deer have been taken with 30 30's than any other gun ever made. I'm just guessing but everyone I grew up with had 30 30's. I had an old 308 but as a small kid, it was heavy. It didn't fit in the old leather scabbard well. I think it was the bolt. If I used the 308, it was a walk in place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom