Loveless Boots or other recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough to fit feet have become tougher. Looking at custom made from Loveless. I've had a couple of dealings with them over last 15 years and am very pleased but not custom build. Have not found any reviews online so would like to hear from anyone here who has before I spend 1k for a pair of boots.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never seen there stuff and did not find out about them until this year. Beck in Amarillo built mine. A local shop would be good. Have you been by there to look at their work?

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I've been by and the work looks good. I'm familiar with the well known boot makers and Rio which I've worn for years will custom fit me if I will go to their headquarters. Fit and durability are the primary requirements. My feet have changed and I can't buy off the shelf or even special order any more.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can't help you with specifics but a friend of mine used to get a pair of custom boots everytime he went across the southern border. The materials and workmanship are outstanding and he has a closet full. He probably has $5000 worth of exotic custom made boots for a whole lot less than that. I'd try OKC in the stockyards area, you just might find a hidden gem there in a little hole in the wall kind of place.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tough to fit feet have become tougher. Looking at custom made from Loveless. I've had a couple of dealings with them over last 15 years and am very pleased but not custom build. Have not found any reviews online so would like to hear from anyone here who has before I spend 1k for a pair of boots.
Did you ever get any? I am looking at them too.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I met Gary Loveless a couple months ago, had to get my wife a brace for a Charcot foot. He did excellent with that and he does almost all of that work himself. Talked to him about a pair of alligator boots but like you said they are not cheap. I will probably "allow" my wife to get me a pair for my birthday. He told me the names of some of his customers here in town and they are all very well known folks.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you ever get any? I am looking at them too.
No, I did not. I have bought a couple pair of SAS shoes from them though. I did get a couple of "I know a guy that has a pair and likes them."

I still have a good pair of Rio of Mercedes and Rod Patrick that I can wear for a few hours without discomfort. Wouldn't want to work in them all day though. My feet grew from a 12 AAA to a 14 AAAA. Rio's were my boot of choice since I became old enough to afford a pair that fit correctly but Rio no longer makes a 4A boot. They did tell me that they would custom make me a pair and guarantee them to fit but I would have to go to their office in south Texas to do it. Rod Patrick is the only production maker that makes at least one style in my size but I will have to order them to try them on and I've been told that Patrick's are not the quality that they were years ago. White Boots are another possible option but they're more like a work boot and no guarantee that they will fit me well.

Ironically I just just hung up talking to a vendor in Joplin that carries a large selection of Rod Patrick's but nothing in my size. If I still spent a lot of time horse back or doing lots of manual labor I would not hesitate to try the Loveless boots. I learned 30 years ago when you're hard to fit, spending the money up front for quality and good fit is cheaper in the long run. Just harder to justify now although I know a good pair of boots could last for the rest of my life.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loveless' outpost, if you will, is right next door to us. Alan is a really good guy. Very down to earth. Likes to help his FFA kids. Funny too. They have made boots for a few presidents, in addition to local celebs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom