Love's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does Love's stay in business with the prices they charge for fuel? I've noticed over the last year that there usually 30-40 cents a gallon higher on diesel than most places. Sunday afternoon I filled up with diesel on I-240 and May and it was $2.71 a gallon. I get on 240 to head home and when I got to 89th and I-35 I seen the Love's sign and it was $3.47 a gallon for diesel. I just don't understand why there pumps are full with semi's and pickups filling up. I've heard they discount it if you have an account with them but I don't know. Seems ridiculous to me to pay that when you can go somewhere else.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I hope the companies get a discount, I wouldn't buy a drop of fuel from them now days, I used to buy most of my diesel from them 20 something years ago because they were one of the few places around where I live that had diesel and they weren't priced that far out of line. There crazy now.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, Love's generally has the lowest prices for unleaded on my normal routes (that go near a Love's, anyway). I don't really pay attention to diesel prices, so I couldn't tell you about them. I can tell you that the gas pumps on the autos side of the Love's in Okmulgee are frequently busy when I go through there.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know they seem to do a lot of business, convenience I guess because there always in a pretty good location. As far as diesel prices go there just out in left field for me, can't understand why a big company would spend 20-30 cents a gallon more especially when there buying thousands of gallons. I guess they just pass the fuel expense on down to the little people!

Lee Beaittie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does Love's stay in business with the prices they charge for fuel? I've noticed over the last year that there usually 30-40 cents a gallon higher on diesel than most places. Sunday afternoon I filled up with diesel on I-240 and May and it was $2.71 a gallon. I get on 240 to head home and when I got to 89th and I-35 I seen the Love's sign and it was $3.47 a gallon for diesel. I just don't understand why there pumps are full with semi's and pickups filling up. I've heard they discount it if you have an account with them but I don't know. Seems ridiculous to me to pay that when you can go somewhere else.
I work at the airport and I've been filling up at that On-Cue I think since they have opened, pretty much cheapest in town. But I'm with you everytime I drive down I-35 I ask myself the same question.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know they seem to do a lot of business, convenience I guess because there always in a pretty good location. As far as diesel prices go there just out in left field for me, can't understand why a big company would spend 20-30 cents a gallon more especially when there buying thousands of gallons. I guess they just pass the fuel expense on down to the little people!
Trucking companies have a contract with a significant discount. Emphasis on significant. My cousin runs a small truck fleet and his drivers can get fuel at Love's, and he is notified very quickly with the location, amount of gallons and total price of fuel purchased.

Flying J also does the same thing. I know of a contract oil hauler that would pull a 600 gallon tank 50-60 miles to the closest Flying J because he was getting a significant discount on fuel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom