LOW LIGHT/NIGHT FIRE TRAINING CLASS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mash1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOW LIGHT/NIGHT FIRE TRAINING CLASS

Where ? At the US SHOOTING ACADEMY
What? Low Light and No Light Shooting Familiarity Course
When? July 7th, 2017 4 Hours Training
What time? 6:00-10:00 pm
How much? $75.00 for civilians and $30 for CLEET certified officers

This course is Council on Law Enforcement Education & Training (CLEET) Accredited and U. S. Law Shield backed.

The vast majority of self defense and law enforcement shootings occur in reduced light situation, but few people train in such conditions. During this course you will:

- learn about night shooting, equipment considerations, and safety procedures; discuss flashlights, lasers, and sights

- dry fire and live during daylight to learn weapon and flashlight manipulation

- live fire during low light/no-light conditions.

Completion earns 4 hours of CLEET continuing education credit in Night Fire Familiarization credit.

You must pre-enroll
Call USSA 918-948-7856

WHAT SHOULD YOU BRING? 200 rounds of ammunition, your EDC or "nightstand" flashlight of choice, spare batteries for light, good holster, handgun + 3 magazines, a sturdy belt, eye- and ear-pro; IFAK/med-kit/"boo boo kit" strongly suggested. *You should train to fight with what you actually carry, so bring the appropriate gear.*

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure you have night sights on your gun before attending.
I've shot low light/night shoots. If you don't have them, and low flash powder, you will be at a disadvantage.

mash1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok Doc
Its not to say that it couldn't happen in the middle of the afternoon But According to the FBI's UCR the majority of self defense shootings happen in low light. Whether it's at night or at your house in the middle of the afternoon with all the lights off and the blinds pulled or in a dark parking garage.
In my 10 years of police work I've been involved in two shootings and guess what they where both at night ... just saying

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok Doc
Its not to say that it couldn't happen in the middle of the afternoon But According to the FBI's UCR the majority of self defense shootings happen in low light. Whether it's at night or at your house in the middle of the afternoon with all the lights off and the blinds pulled or in a dark parking garage.
In my 10 years of police work I've been involved in two shootings and guess what they where both at night ... just saying
Tom Givens begs to differ.

I'd really like to see a link to that data.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom