Lowe's sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With part of the stimulus money we bought a new Maytag dishwasher a little over a year ago from Lowe's and bought the extended warranty thank God.
Dishwasher started messing up and leaking. Last time it flooded the kitchen. Warranty repair guy comes out and needs to order parts. Call him a week later and he can not get the parts.

Call Lowe's and they are going to replace the dishwasher but instead of just sending a replacement out, they are just sending us a check in a few weeks. We have to wait on the check, go somewhere and buy a new one, wait until it is delivered and installed. We will have to pay for delivery of a new one and instillation again. In the meantime I am washing dishes by hand which kills my back.

I will not be buying the next one from Lowe's.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow that sucks. Get a Speed Queen. Mine has a 7 year parts and labor warranty and only have had to use it once. The tech that came out only works on Speed Queens. Replaced a fuse and was gone in 10 minutes.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have bought many appliances for our rent houses from Lowes but since they stopped having stock in store( they order everything after it's sold now) Last several we have bought at Hahns and have been pleased, did have an issue with a clothes washer and it was fixed promptly but that was about 6 months ago.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With part of the stimulus money we bought a new Maytag dishwasher a little over a year ago from Lowe's and bought the extended warranty thank God.
Dishwasher started messing up and leaking. Last time it flooded the kitchen. Warranty repair guy comes out and needs to order parts. Call him a week later and he can not get the parts.

Call Lowe's and they are going to replace the dishwasher but instead of just sending a replacement out, they are just sending us a check in a few weeks. We have to wait on the check, go somewhere and buy a new one, wait until it is delivered and installed. We will have to pay for delivery of a new one and instillation again. In the meantime I am washing dishes by hand which kills my back.

I will not be buying the next one from Lowe's.
Honestly don't know if Home Depot is any better. We had to have the installers, from them, back out to relevel our dishwasher. They had left it tilted way forward the first time.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sort of know how you feel RickN, we bought a new washer and dryer around $1700.00 from Lowes and the washer that was installed didn't work. They picked it up and installed. another one. but these new washers are "energy efficient" in that they use very little water to wash. They make a grinding sound and sometimes the clothes have holes in them. If we ever get another set, I am not going to have one that uses little water. Surely there is some brand out there that will fill up the tub. Some woman on youtube shows how to fill a bucket of water from your sink to fool the washer making it "think" you have more clothes because it weighs more in the tub due to the water.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both a Speed Queen clothes washer and clothes dryer. Came from Hahn's. Both have a heavy duty warranty; 10 yrs on the gas dryer and something like that on the washer. Simple, very well built machines. Only 1 issue with the washer which required a trip out by the SQ repairman. Took him 10 minutes to install the part he brought with him. When my current dishwasher goes to the big dishwasher place in the sky I'll likely be buying a Speed Queen.

Both Lowe's and Home Depot carry name brands BUT often the models offered are special, made only for them. This includes their lawn mowers. Do your research before you buy any product from any vendor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom