Lowe's sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick, I understand that you’re very frustrated and possibly out some extra $, but How is it Lowes fault exactly?
Seems more like a manufacturing issue unless I missed something.
Lowes sold us the extended warranty, then instead of replacing it are sending a check. In the old days they would bring out a replacement and install it.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't mind, let me pitch my own ***** here. Thanks!

I bought a new office/desk chair from Office Depot 2 years ago. It wasn't terribly expensive. Roll around wheels, imitation leather, etc, your basic cheap office or home office chair. They're all made in China, I think.

Sales guy asked me about buying the extended warranty. Now let me say right now, I usually never buy an extended warranty. It was so cheap, and I figured I'd be lucky to get a few years out of the chair. So I figured, it was cheap, why not.

Let me be clear here: I asked the salesman if I had a problem with it what do I do? Do I just bring it back here and you'll give me a new one? He affirmed YES, just bring it back and we'll give you a new one.

Well, lo and behold, first one armrest broke off (really cheap assed pot metal screws), and if I recall correctly the chair is made in china. Then the other armrest broke off, another cheap assed pot metal screw.

I'm out of the 1 year basic warranty, and the extended warranty is in effect.

So, I'm really to put in the truck and head back down there. But something made me call first to confirm the procedure.

I was told by the store people, NO NO NO, don't bring it back here, you have to go to the website on the paper work, the extended warranty paperwork, and follow instructions.

Well that turned to crapola. The extended warranty is Square Trade and is owned by Allstate.

So, as per the instructions, I took pictures of the broke chair and uploaded them. They rejected them, saying upon review that it was inconclusive as to if the chair was broken or not, or what caused it. Took more pics, uploaded them, they rejected them.

I mean, the back of the chair is laying on the floor next to the bottom part of the chair.

So I called the store again, they said sorry, we are not allowed to replace it here, it has to go to the extended company, AND THEY WILL SEND YOU A CHECK FOR WHAT YOU PAID. (Sound familiar?). I don't want a check, I want a replacement chair.

Then the Office Depot person said this : Didn't you read the extended warranty paper work before you bought it?

Me: Seriously? Are you kidding me? You didn't give me the chance to read it first, I had to pay for it first.

It was never replaced, or a check sent to me. That's horse puckey.

So I'm shopping for a good deal on a better quality office/desk chair.

So, in the meantime, Hello Allstate and and Square Trade? You listening? Y'all suck. Big time. Disingenous operation y'all got going on.

I "used" to have Allstate auto insurance. Not anymore. Bye! Same for Office Depot.

Last edited:

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't mind, let me pitch my own ***** here. Thanks!

I bought a new office/desk chair from Office Depot 2 years ago. It wasn't terribly expensive. Roll around wheels, imitation leather, etc, your basic cheap office or home office chair. They're all made in China, I think.

Sales guy asked me about buying the extended warranty. Now let me say right now, I usually never buy an extended warranty. It was so cheap, and I figured I'd be lucky to get a few years out of the chair. So I figured, it was cheap, why not.

Let me be clear here: I asked the salesman if I had a problem with it what do I do? Do I just bring it back here and you'll give me a new one? He affirmed YES, just bring it back and we'll give you a new one.

Well, lo and behold, first one armrest broke off (really cheap assed pot metal screws), and if I recall correctly the chair is made in china. Then the other armrest broke off, another cheap assed pot metal screw.

I'm out of the 1 year basic warranty, and the extended warranty is in effect.

So, I'm really to put in the truck and head back down there. But something made me call first to confirm the procedure.

I was told by the store people, NO NO NO, don't bring it back here, you have to go to the website on the paper work, the extended warranty paperwork, and follow instructions.

Well that turned to crapola. The extended warranty is Square Trade and is owned by Allstate.

So, as per the instructions, I took pictures of the broke chair and uploaded them. They rejected them, saying upon review that it was inconclusive as to if the chair was broken or not, or what caused it. Took more pics, uploaded them, they rejected them.

I mean, the back of the chair is laying on the floor next to the bottom part of the chair.

So I called the store again, they said sorry, we are not allowed to replace it here, it has to go to the extended company, AND THEY WILL SEND YOU A CHECK FOR WHAT YOU PAID. (Sound familiar?). I don't want a check, I want a replacement chair.

Then the Office Depot person said this : Didn't you read the extended warranty paper work before you bought it?

Me: Seriously? Are you kidding me? You didn't give me the chance to read it first, I had to pay for it first.

It was never replaced, or a check sent to me. That's horse puckey.

So I'm shopping for a good deal on a better quality office/desk chair.

So, in the meantime, Hello Allstate and and Square Trade? You listening? Y'all suck. Big time. Disingenous operation y'all got going on.

I "used" to have Allstate auto insurance. Not anymore. Bye! Same for Office Depot.
Last chair I ordered, not cheap but built like a tank. I sit in it all day for work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050PSVZ6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Latest posts

Top Bottom