Lowe's sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both a Speed Queen clothes washer and clothes dryer. Came from Hahn's. Both have a heavy duty warranty; 10 yrs on the gas dryer and something like that on the washer. Simple, very well built machines. Only 1 issue with the washer which required a trip out by the SQ repairman. Took him 10 minutes to install the part he brought with him. When my current dishwasher goes to the big dishwasher place in the sky I'll likely be buying a Speed Queen.

Both Lowe's and Home Depot carry name brands BUT often the models offered are special, made only for them. This includes their lawn mowers. Do your research before you buy any product from any vendor.

I guess I need to agree with Buzzdraw. We've had good luck with products from Hahn's, although one of those was purchased only about a month or so ago. We did order and get a compact Whirlpool washing machine for our RV, and they had two guys deliver it and install it. Those guys did a good job in spite of having to work in close quarters in an RV and put it into place. Because of the close quarters, they pretty much had to just muscle it into the RV and up into the hallway to the bedroom to reach the cabinet for the washer and dryer. Those washing machines aren't light in weight.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel this! I have to do dishes my way when the wife is gone or asleep because apparently I can’t load the dishes correctly to save my life..
No Sheeite! She bought a clean/dirty stick on magnet for the door. I loaded the dishwasher, added the special little plastic bag of soap, closed the damn thing and turned it on. Then I dutifully turned the magnet sign over to CLEAN. I went to bed and was severely chastised for turning the magnet over to clean when the dishes were clean. Then, the unintended consequences, I was banished from loading the damn thing forever!

snoopy-happy-dance.gif

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lowes tried that BS with me on a washing machine I bought with an extended warranty. Said they’d send out a repairman. He called said he’d be there in 3 weeks. Loaded the washer in the back of the truck and wheeled it back in their front door. Walked with another new washer in 15 minutes.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow that sucks. Get a Speed Queen. Mine has a 7 year parts and labor warranty and only have had to use it once. The tech that came out only works on Speed Queens. Replaced a fuse and was gone in 10 minutes.
Once my Fischer Paykels wear out I am moving to speed queen, but they have run for 12 years with no issues

Latest posts

Top Bottom