Lowe's sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hahn's OKC website shows a number of dishwashers, some of which have rebates offered.

Main Hahn's Website in OKC

Hahn's Webpage with Dishwashers

Why anyone would purchase an appliance from anywhere other than “an appliance store” is beyond me.

Please people, stop buying appliances at Home Depot, Best Buy & Lowe’s. Go to an appliance store, where they do not sell one-offs made specifically for box stores manufactured to meet a low price point, with inferior parts and little or no repair parts available except thru those same box stores.

Hahn’s and Metro Appliance have knowledgeable salespeople, they are competitively priced, and they generally have adequate stock. They also carry different manufacturers, and several levels from top of the line to lower priced models from the same manufacturers. I’m sure there are other retailers in both metros. Those are the big ones that we deal with, mainly because of selection.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Different experiences no matter where you go.

We bought a Maytag washer and dryer at Hahns. The dryer stopped working before the third load was dry. It took a week for Hahns to get someone out to look at it, then another week to get the part to fix it, then it stopped working again on the third load. They didn't want to but we finally got Hahns to take it back. There's more to the story than that, but let's just say their service was terrible.

Went to Lowes and bought a top end Samsung washer and dryer... a week later Lowes put it on sale for $800 less. We called and asked about it, and they refunded $880 (difference in price plus 10%). ONG gave a $650 rebate for gas dryers, so the $2100 washer and dryer ended up costing us less than $600.

I don't even go into Hahns anymore. If you buy something, take it home and install it yourself, you'll probably be okay as long as it keeps working. But if you have to depend on Hahns for warranty service or delivery/installation you're probably screwed.

Kenneth Braud

Marksman
Reaction score
With part of the stimulus money we bought a new Maytag dishwasher a little over a year ago from Lowe's and bought the extended warranty thank God.
Dishwasher started messing up and leaking. Last time it flooded the kitchen. Warranty repair guy comes out and needs to order parts. Call him a week later and he can not get the parts.

Call Lowe's and they are going to replace the dishwasher but instead of just sending a replacement out, they are just sending us a check in a few weeks. We have to wait on the check, go somewhere and buy a new one, wait until it is delivered and installed. We will have to pay for delivery of a new one and instillation again. In the meantime I am washing dishes by hand which kills my back.

I will not be buying the next one from Lowe's.
I bought one at Sears before they closed after replacing a 5 year old whatever brand I bought from HD. I installed the Sears brand myself and customized the install in the cabinets myself... I'm not a carpenter or a mechanic or a plumber, but installing a washer where one already had been installed is not rocket science and my back only hurt for the day I did the install...

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New appliances generally suck compared to the old stuff that lasted forever and could be easy to repair. The new stuff changes so much that parts availability after a few years could become a crap shoot. Let alone the iron grip the manufacturers seem to have on the parts supply.

I repaired my 1998 model Amana clothes washer when the sealed motor bearings finally failed. I had to do a little research on part numbers, but found a new motor on eBay for $130.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why anyone would purchase an appliance from anywhere other than “an appliance store” is beyond me.

Please people, stop buying appliances at Home Depot, Best Buy & Lowe’s. Go to an appliance store, where they do not sell one-offs made specifically for box stores manufactured to meet a low price point, with inferior parts and little or no repair parts available except thru those same box stores.

Hahn’s and Metro Appliance have knowledgeable salespeople, they are competitively priced, and they generally have adequate stock. They also carry different manufacturers, and several levels from top of the line to lower priced models from the same manufacturers. I’m sure there are other retailers in both metros. Those are the big ones that we deal with, mainly because of selection.
Not to be a jack wagon but I think you answered your own question.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You get what you pay for. I still don’t understand why anyone would purchase a throw away/disposable appliance.

Again, buy once, cry once.
Mainly because some of us can not afford top of the line so we research and buy the cheapest we can that has good reviews. And frankly appliance. stores are not any better nowadays.

Few years ago before everything went to crap we bought a new fridge from an appliance store. It last 2 years, stopped cooling because the compressor went out. They could not get parts but did offer to pro-rate a new fridge since the first one was still under warranty. Few years before that we bought a chest type freezer from the same store. Soon as warranty expired so did the freezer and we were told it could not be repaired.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They sell those with inferior parts so they will fail so you will come back for the warranty to find out it cant be fixed and offer you a prorated higher priced one so they can make more money knowing you wouldn't have bought the higher priced one in the first place cause you couldn't afford but now they make it sound cheaper so hopefully you will buy it so more money in their pockets but in reality its not any better than the one you just had, its a no win cycle these days cause no one makes anything that will last much longer than the warranty so they can sell more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom