Lowe's sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
With part of the stimulus money we bought a new Maytag dishwasher a little over a year ago from Lowe's and bought the extended warranty thank God.
Dishwasher started messing up and leaking. Last time it flooded the kitchen. Warranty repair guy comes out and needs to order parts. Call him a week later and he can not get the parts.

Call Lowe's and they are going to replace the dishwasher but instead of just sending a replacement out, they are just sending us a check in a few weeks. We have to wait on the check, go somewhere and buy a new one, wait until it is delivered and installed. We will have to pay for delivery of a new one and instillation again. In the meantime I am washing dishes by hand which kills my back.

I will not be buying the next one from Lowe's.
We have lived in this house 44 years, and have replaced the dishwasher several times. All the former dishwahers we have had several different brands, sound like a McCormic Hay Bailer running! They were so loud it drowned out the TV! A couple of years ago we had to buy another dish washer, this time i payed attention to the noise rating. The lowest noise rating we could find was a Bosch. This appliance is GREAT, you can hardly hear it running, The best I remember it cost a little more, but is well worth the cost! I can't even remember where we bought it, buit that don't matter as miuch as the manufacture to me!

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My parents bought this upright freezer in Oct. of 1980. It is in my garage still working.

Freezer.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have lived in this house 44 years, and have replaced the dishwasher several times. All the former dishwahers we have had several different brands, sound like a McCormic Hay Bailer running! They were so loud it drowned out the TV! A couple of years ago we had to buy another dish washer, this time i payed attention to the noise rating. The lowest noise rating we could find was a Bosch. This appliance is GREAT, you can hardly hear it running, The best I remember it cost a little more, but is well worth the cost! I can't even remember where we bought it, buit that don't matter as miuch as the manufacture to me!
Same with the Whirlpool dishwasher we had. (yea not a Maytag, I screwed up) I researched for weeks looking at ratings, reviews, everything I could find since we were spending so much we needed it to last. It was very quite and you had to be in the same room and listening for it to know it was running.

Duckhunter39480

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I attempted to purchase a bathroom vanity from my local Lowe's on March 8. They said they would have to order it and it would take two or three weeks. I called on Mardh 27 to check on it and they told me it was in. I told them to get it ready and that I would be there in 45 minutes (I am 35 miles away). On arrival I asked for the vanity and was told that it had not been ordered. I talked to an assistant manager and he told me that he would call their distribution and order it. Mind you, I am ready to install the vanity. Back and forth discussion and was told that on April 11 I could get an answer on the availability and the asst. manager promised to call. I called on April 12 and found that the assistant manager that I had talked to had quit, the new assistant manager knew all about my problem, and that Lowe's could not get the vanity that my wife wanted. I went to Home Depot and got one that ALMOST matched her bathroom. Needless to say, Lowe's sucks!

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at Bosch as well. I have installed three in three different homes over the past decade. All still going strong, never an issue.

Tried to buy a Miele at hahns. first they tried a bait and switch. lower model for same price. Then it turned out the one in stock was missing some parts. They said they would knock off $25 to pay for the parts. I called on it, my cost was over $250. Said I would pay $275 under the agreed price to cover tax. They said $25. Wasted my time. Really wanted the Miele, have a Bosche.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sort of know how you feel RickN, we bought a new washer and dryer around $1700.00 from Lowes and the washer that was installed didn't work. They picked it up and installed. another one. but these new washers are "energy efficient" in that they use very little water to wash. They make a grinding sound and sometimes the clothes have holes in them. If we ever get another set, I am not going to have one that uses little water. Surely there is some brand out there that will fill up the tub. Some woman on youtube shows how to fill a bucket of water from your sink to fool the washer making it "think" you have more clothes because it weighs more in the tub due to the water.
Get a Speed Queen if you can find one. They are quiet and easy on the clothes. Harry's TV is a great place to do business. It is getting hard to get any major appliance these days.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at Bosch as well. I have installed three in three different homes over the past decade. All still going strong, never an issue.

Tried to buy a Miele at hahns. first they tried a bait and switch. lower model for same price. Then it turned out the one in stock was missing some parts. They said they would knock off $25 to pay for the parts. I called on it, my cost was over $250. Said I would pay $275 under the agreed price to cover tax. They said $25. Wasted my time. Really wanted the Miele, have a Bosche.
Next time try Harry's TV. We got our Miele from them.

Range Pllunker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The truth is all manufactures have supply part problems. A few years ago, I purchssed a Whirlpool washer and dryer set. One day an electrical storm fried the control panel of the wssher. Unfortunately, Whirpool could not replace the part b/c their control supplier had went out of business in China, even though they had a policy of supposedly replacing parts for seven years. In the end, I was offered a discount on a different style washer, which failed to match my dryer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom