Lowe's sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sort of know how you feel RickN, we bought a new washer and dryer around $1700.00 from Lowes and the washer that was installed didn't work. They picked it up and installed. another one. but these new washers are "energy efficient" in that they use very little water to wash. They make a grinding sound and sometimes the clothes have holes in them. If we ever get another set, I am not going to have one that uses little water. Surely there is some brand out there that will fill up the tub. Some woman on youtube shows how to fill a bucket of water from your sink to fool the washer making it "think" you have more clothes because it weighs more in the tub due to the water.
Mine is this way. I have a Maytag. I love it though. There is a cycle on mine I can choose that will allow it to fill up with water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 11

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought all my appliances from Lowes and also my hot water tank. I bought my house 5 years ago and had to buy a new washer and dryer and refrigerator. It came with a Samsung stove, Samsung microwave and an LG dishwasher. All of those still work. My washer and dryer are both Maytag’s. My fridge is a Samsung. All have worked great. The only thing that we have had an issue with is the dryer. We use it literally every day. So the little rollers in it wore out and started squeaking. We had the Lowes protection plan so I called in on it. They set up an appointment with Johnny’s Appliance in Holdenville. They came out pretty quick and had it fixed in no time. I was really happy with it. Well the dang things are wearing out again and my extended warranty is up. So I ordered the parts myself. The parts are from Maytag and cost about $150. Which is ridiculous for what these parts are made of. But other than this the washer and dryer are amazing. They are huge.

Now to the hot water tank. Two years after we moved in my hot water tank went out. So I went to Lowes and bought an AO Smith 50 gallon electric hot water tank with digital thermostat and Electronic control module. It went about a year and started having issues. I went through about four lower elements in about a year. Then the thermostat broke three times! And these are not carried at Lowes since they are digital. I don’t know why they don’t stock them there. Then the ECM goes bad. So they replaced that and then about three weeks ago my tank messed up again. So I went out and checked it out. The wires coming out of the thermostat were burned up and the coating around the wires were gone. I am so thankful it didn’t catch fire and burn my house down. So I called AO Smith and told them the problem. Without hesitation they said I needed a new unit because the wires could not be replaced. So they gave me a number to give to Lowes and Lowes had me bring in my old tank to exchange for a new one. They entered in some information and told me to go back and get one that was like mine. So I did and then they entered in the information and gave me a new receipt and I left. It was the easiest exchange I could have hoped for. I will say this, AO Smith has the best warranty service I’ve ever seen. So far my new one has been great. When my old tank worked it was the best hot water tank I’ve ever had. This new one is the same so far. It heats the water up extremely quick.
But as for Lowes, I have always been happy with ours here in Shawnee. I’ve never had any issues with them. I use alot of Kobalt tools and I broke one of my ratchets and took it back and they told me to go get another one and when I took it back up to the desk they gave me a receipt and I left. I did the same thing with my kobalt shovel. Very easy exchange.
93A78C2C-3743-4966-8596-365FBA9015B7.jpeg
71CF3774-502F-487D-9735-08D3684AC3AC.jpeg

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for Whirlpool and I can tell you that a JennAir is built right next to a Whirlpool next to a Maytag next to a Kitchenaid next to an Amana by the same people in the same amount of time with almost identical (and a lot of the same) parts. PM my your email and name for access to the direct from manufacturer options. (No installations though) I can't post on an open forum.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for Whirlpool and I can tell you that a JennAir is built right next to a Whirlpool next to a Maytag next to a Kitchenaid next to an Amana by the same people in the same amount of time with almost identical (and a lot of the same) parts. PM my your email and name for access to the direct from manufacturer options. (No installations though) I can't post on an open forum.
Were you there about ten years ago when I accidentally shut down the plant while installing my cameras?

Latest posts

Top Bottom