Lowe's sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work for Whirlpool and I can tell you that a JennAir is built right next to a Whirlpool next to a Maytag next to a Kitchenaid next to an Amana by the same people in the same amount of time with almost identical (and a lot of the same) parts. PM my your email and name for access to the direct from manufacturer options. (No installations though) I can't post on an open forum.
Don’t be telling us that! You are taking away all the fun of bashing manufacturers.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work for Whirlpool and I can tell you that a JennAir is built right next to a Whirlpool next to a Maytag next to a Kitchenaid next to an Amana by the same people in the same amount of time with almost identical (and a lot of the same) parts. PM my your email and name for access to the direct from manufacturer options. (No installations though) I can't post on an open forum.
Hvac place I worked for had stickers to put on the unit depending on what the customer wanted. I think there were 3 different ones.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Replaced the old dishwasher with a new Maytag. It is so quiet, can't hear it running, standing at the cabinet. Have to look at lights on panel to know it is running.
Took 30 minutes to remove old unit and hook up new one.
Happy Wif

New upright freezer (2 years ago) is a FrigidAire, was around $1100. Old one, biggest Sears had at that time (22 years old) will fit inside this new one.

All of our appliances are Maytag, Whirlpool or FrigidAire. Married 46 years and on our 3rd sets. Bought the Sears freezer because it was made by FrigidAire and on SALE, it that time.

Through the years, our repairs have been few and minor. I bought parts and installed.

Last edited:

Junk Yard Dog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
With part of the stimulus money we bought a new Maytag dishwasher a little over a year ago from Lowe's and bought the extended warranty thank God.
Dishwasher started messing up and leaking. Last time it flooded the kitchen. Warranty repair guy comes out and needs to order parts. Call him a week later and he can not get the parts.

Call Lowe's and they are going to replace the dishwasher but instead of just sending a replacement out, they are just sending us a check in a few weeks. We have to wait on the check, go somewhere and buy a new one, wait until it is delivered and installed. We will have to pay for delivery of a new one and instillation again. In the meantime I am washing dishes by hand which kills my back.

I will not be buying the next one from Lowe's.
Bosch, Bought one 20 years ago (Sears) Installed it myself. To this day never had a problem, In use every other day.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bosch, Bought one 20 years ago (Sears) Installed it myself. To this day never had a problem, In use every other day.
We have been looking at those from Best Buy. Sadly we will have to have it delivered and installed. No truck and they will not let me do that kind of thing anymore. Even just replacing one a little over a year old is more than they will let me do. :censored::censored::censored:

Junk Yard Dog

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you are thinking of a different RickN... :rollingla
1650465357529.png

This is who I was thinking of...sorry if it landed in the wrong spot.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, this isn't necessarily Lowe's fault but since buying from them that's where the blame will go!

3/27/22 - 3-CU ft Western Red Cedar - $9.98/bag.
4/21/22 - 3-CU ft Western Red Cedar - $13.48/bag.

35% increase in 3 weeks!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom