Lowe's sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Lowes yesterday and bought a 7 CF freezer and told the salesman that I was a veteran and expected a 10% discount in price but he said that Lowes stopped doing the veteran discounts on appliances in March 2022. I'm not sure what HD offers but I'm going to check with them and see if they still give a vet a break on prices.
What items are excluded from The Home Depot Military Discount?

• • The Home Depot Military Discount cannot be applied to select items, services and fees, including, but not limited to, some commodity products (including lumber, wire, building materials), value priced merchandise, appliances, tool rental fees, labor items, gift cards and services including freight and delivery.

Apparently both Lowes and HD aren't providing a 10% discount on many items-not just appliances.

Last edited:

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in Lowe's twice this past weekend up in Grove and both times I checked out, the clerk asked me if I was military. The one up in Grove does give a 10 percent discount if you are or was prior military.
So, it may just be individual Lowe's store policy's. I don't know for sure though.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First question did they set it level and plumb it right shouldn’t be having problems unless the installation was botched.. pretty hard to do on a dishwasher

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in Lowe's twice this past weekend up in Grove and both times I checked out, the clerk asked me if I was military. The one up in Grove does give a 10 percent discount if you are or was prior military.
So, it may just be individual Lowe's store policy's. I don't know for sure though.
All Lowe's will give a military discount BUT a lot of the large items is excluded from the discount, like appl's, paint, air compressors and such.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went in to Lowe's the first of Oct and bought a new mower which they didnt have out on display but they said they had 2 in the back that would have to be assembled so i paid for it and was told to pick it up 2 days later, well went to pick it up and was told they didnt have one and had no clue when they would get one but would get in touch with their supplier and call me back never heard from them so a week later i went back and still nothing but someone would check and they did call back and was told to pick it up the next day so when i went to pick it up nothing no one knew a thing about it and was told that everyone i had talked to was no longer employed there and the days i talked to them was their last days to work, so i finally got to talk to someone and i told them to either produce the mower or give me a refund and after 2 hours of waiting they came back and informed me it was there but had to be assembled and would be ready the next day well about 4 hours later got a call telling me it was ready to be picked up. And before yall start in on me they was the only place that showed to have what i wanted within 100 miles and i wasnt willing to drive 100 miles one way to pick a mower up is the only reason i didnt ask for a refund in the first place.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went in to Lowe's the first of Oct and bought a new mower which they didnt have out on display but they said they had 2 in the back that would have to be assembled so i paid for it and was told to pick it up 2 days later, well went to pick it up and was told they didnt have one and had no clue when they would get one but would get in touch with their supplier and call me back never heard from them so a week later i went back and still nothing but someone would check and they did call back and was told to pick it up the next day so when i went to pick it up nothing no one knew a thing about it and was told that everyone i had talked to was no longer employed there and the days i talked to them was their last days to work, so i finally got to talk to someone and i told them to either produce the mower or give me a refund and after 2 hours of waiting they came back and informed me it was there but had to be assembled and would be ready the next day well about 4 hours later got a call telling me it was ready to be picked up. And before yall start in on me they was the only place that showed to have what i wanted within 100 miles and i wasnt willing to drive 100 miles one way to pick a mower up is the only reason i didnt ask for a refund in the first place.
Customer service in america today might as well be💩

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My dishwasher is 74 years old and still going strong without any service calls or warranty repairs and doesn't care how the dishes are loaded. Also a great chef and generally fn to be with🤭

I'm told that old dishwashers like that don't get things as wet as they should... :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom