Lowe's sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have both a Speed Queen clothes washer and clothes dryer. Came from Hahn's. Both have a heavy duty warranty; 10 yrs on the gas dryer and something like that on the washer. Simple, very well built machines. Only 1 issue with the washer which required a trip out by the SQ repairman. Took him 10 minutes to install the part he brought with him. When my current dishwasher goes to the big dishwasher place in the sky I'll likely be buying a Speed Queen.

Both Lowe's and Home Depot carry name brands BUT often the models offered are special, made only for them. This includes their lawn mowers. Do your research before you buy any product from any vendor.

Not seeing dishwashers on their site. You are correct about a lot of products being special, but 98% of the time, they just change the model number, typically a digit or letter off, and nothing else. That way vendors cant be forced to price match. Too much work retooling, having different parts, chips, etc, especially with todays supply chain issues. I have a 150 MY22 Ford Exploders sitting in front of my office waiting on rear AC controls/chips and have been for months. I'll likely take delivery of the 130 MY23's before those chips come in.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might be needing one for our hunting place. Mind sharing which hot water tank you bought? Always good to have a 1st hand review.
Sure. It’s an AO Smith 50 gallon electric water heater. It has a digital thermostat and an electronic control module that shows the temp and you can adjust it right there. No need to take the cover off to get to the thermostat. And if there is a problem the unit will beep and the light on the module will turn red. It will display an error code and you look in the manual and it will tell you what it is. It’s really neat. It also has a sensor that connects to the unit and then goes to the overflow pan in case the tank leaks it will sense it and shut it off. And the thing heats up really fast. It’s got dual 5500 watt elements.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We bought the top Maytag dishwasher from Lowes in Dec '18. Along with freezer, refrigerator, washer, dryer, and range. Outstanding service, no problems.
Had a water and dryer bought from Lowes, 12 years before. Had a couple small problems with the washer, I fixed myself. We used to never buy the extended warranty. Since Fauci biohazard, it is almost mandatory.

This dishwasher has a sanitize and it works. It runs so quiet, dont know its on, unless you look at the lights. Only Wif and I, but dishwasher gets run every night. No pre- wash or rinse. Dogs make sure not a speck is left.
To save electricity, shut off when drying cycle is reach. Up to 75% of electricity is used in drying.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had it engrained in me the dishwashing machine was a sanitizing device not a cleaning device. I am doing my level best to teach the kids the same. When I was single, I never even used my dishwasher because it would be 2 weeks before it had enough dishes to justify running it. It was far easier just to wash and dry them by hand and put them back in the cupboard.
Water temp needs to be 140 degrees to sanitize/kill bacteria do not turn your hot water heater to this high temp as it will scald you instantly. If your dishwasher has a heating element use the high temp wash cycle to sanitize. In a regular old style dishwasher it's the cip(clean in place) soap that kills bacteria. Same as in a milking system. In fact the best dishwashing soap is the regular clip soap dairies use. If you see mold or black scum on/in your dishwasher it will actually add more bacteria than it kills. Most people don't do it but unless you run the water in you sink until it gets hot your simply washing with cold water unless you use the high temp wash

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Water temp needs to be 140 degrees to sanitize/kill bacteria do not turn your hot water heater to this high temp as it will scald you instantly. If your dishwasher has a heating element use the high temp wash cycle to sanitize. In a regular old style dishwasher it's the cip(clean in place) soap that kills bacteria. Same as in a milking system. In fact the best dishwashing soap is the regular clip soap dairies use. If you see mold or black scum on/in your dishwasher it will actually add more bacteria than it kills. Most people don't do it but unless you run the water in you sink until it gets hot your simply washing with cold water unless you use the high temp wash
It does have its own heating element and the dishes are FAR too hot to grab if you interrupt the last stage of the drying phase to grab something out. My hands aren't as calloused as they once were, but I can still grab foil wrapped potatoes out of the oven barehanded so I know those plates are piping hot.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some dishwashers that contain internal water heating elements do sanitize the dish load to a certain extent, but most do not because the water used is not hot enough to actually kill bacteria. I think that most dishwasher manufacturers, at one time or another, pushed the idea of sanitation as a marketing tool even though it wasn't completely truthful.
Turn your water heater from vacation mode to melt away skin mode! 😁

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Water temp needs to be 140 degrees to sanitize/kill bacteria do not turn your hot water heater
I keep mine on mode C, the book says it is 147°, but I have not verified that.

If your dishwasher has a heating element use the high temp wash cycle to sanitize.
Are you crazy!

That dishwasher heating element is electric, the hot water tank is natural gas and runs much cheaper

Latest posts

Top Bottom