LPVO 1-8x options...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a few scopes in the 1-8 mag range for my 5.56 ARs. Moving all my higher powered stuff (10x+) to my Grendel rifles and need an optic well suited to my 5.56 loads, which tend to go subsonic at around 800 yards. I settled on the 1-8 range as being well suited as an all around optic within the capabilities of the load/caliber.

Will be used for plinking, paper and longer range steel shooting, and if I ever get the chance putting holes in blue helmets and communists.

So far I’ve seen the Atibal/GRSC 1-10, US Optics 1-8, Trijicon AccuPower 1-8, Burris XTR II 1-8, PA silver line 1-8, and March 1-8 and 1-10.

the Atibal/GRSC have bad reviews for glass and turrets, but not nearly as bad as the US Optics piece. The March scopes are always sold out and frankly more than I’d like to spend. I don't like the AccuPower reticles.

The Burris and PA both have really good reviews across the board. I’m a fan of PA (I have an MD-ADS that has been on for a realllllllly long time and is still running) and have beaten their red dots up pretty good, no failures yet.

I don’t know anything about the Burris but it sounds like a very robust piece. I prefer the PA ACSS reticle system through.

anyone here know if the Burris is $500 better than the PA? Or have any other recommendations in the 1-8 mag range? I’d like to keep it under a grand as I’m going to have to buy a few of whatever I decide on.

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
$300 with mount for that optic is great. I think the Strike Eagle are very good, every bit as good as my Burris 1-4 or 1-6, I think? Absolutely nothing wrong with them, and I haven't read or heard any stories of inordinate failures, either. I'm not a guru on the subject by any means, but I'm also not about to spend $1k on an optic for an AR, so I'm not in that class of big spender. lol

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$300 with mount for that optic is great. I think the Strike Eagle are very good, every bit as good as my Burris 1-4 or 1-6, I think? Absolutely nothing wrong with them, and I haven't read or heard any stories of inordinate failures, either. I'm not a guru on the subject by any means, but I'm also not about to spend $1k on an optic for an AR, so I'm not in that class of big spender. lol

For $300 I am willing to try it out to see!
I searched gun deals but didn’t see anything for $300, have a link big red?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
They were on sale last year around Christmas (or the year before?) for around that, I haven't seen them that low lately, though. I think PSA was blowing them out pretty cheaply.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For $300 I am willing to try it out to see!
I searched gun deals but didn’t see anything for $300, have a link big red?
Here ya go, sorry only kinda good at
Screenshot_20191029-125351_Samsung Internet.jpg
screen shots.
Screenshot_20191029-125351_Samsung Internet.jpg

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vortex stands behind their products. My son gave me one and the electronic red dot in the crosshairs stopped working. I contacted them and they asked me to send it to them. A few days later I got an email that said that the scope I sent them was no longer available and they sent me a brand new, newer model to replace it, no charge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom