Lumber not expensive enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sell lumber, prices are thru the roof, yet folks are still building houses. Its nuts out there. I remember when studs were $1 ea, now they are $8 and climbing.
We have some friends building a home. Lumber is going to add 35K to the price.
I heard on the radio the other day that if one waits for lumber prices to come down, labor prices will be higher and the difference will be a wash.
Build it now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have an above ground deck that I want gone. I was going to take the tractor and front loader in there, smash it into pieces, pile it up in place and burn it.
My thinking may be changing. I wonder if people would pay to dismantle it?

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have some friends building a home. Lumber is going to add 35K to the price.
I heard on the radio the other day that if one waits for lumber prices to come down, labor prices will be higher and the difference will be a wash.
Build it now.
My home builder buddy said a few weeks ago that a lumber package for a ~3500 ish sg ft house is easily around $20k more and everyone of his subs have already raised prices on labor.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an above ground deck that I want gone. I was going to take the tractor and front loader in there, smash it into pieces, pile it up in place and burn it.

If you would take it apart and pull all the nails and screws I’ll load it up and take it off your hands free of charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the Donald only threatened to raise tariffs as a ploy to get Canada to the NAFTA renegotiation table

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I was thinking about that the other day. It won't be long and we'll have people stealing decks off of houses like they do air conditioners.

Are builders hiring security to watch over sheathing bundles that are delivered a day early?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the Donald only threatened to raise tariffs as a ploy to get Canada to the NAFTA renegotiation table

It’s funny how folks discount the master of negotiations and put the complete idiot on a pedestal as if he even knows the definition of arbitrage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom