Lumber not expensive enough?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Biden administration moving to double tariffs on Canadian lumber despite already skyrocketing timber prices
AAKrcQJ.img
© Provided by Washington Examiner
The Biden administration is recommending doubling tariffs on Canadian lumber despite the current skyrocketing prices for the materials for U.S. consumers.

"At a time when soaring lumber prices have added nearly $36,000 to the price of a new home and priced millions of middle-class households out of the housing market, the Biden administration's preliminary finding on Friday to double the tariffs on Canadian lumber shipments into the U.S. shows the White House does not care about the plight of American home buyers and renters who have been forced to pay much higher costs for housing," National Association of Home Builders chairman Chuck Fowke said in a statement.

The move, which would raise tariffs on Canadian lumber from 8.99% to 18.32%, comes as lumber pieces in the U.S. jumped 275% since last April.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/b...already-skyrocketing-timber-prices/ar-AAKrPq4

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I swear that man and his cronies are trying to destroy this country.

Trying????

This is the most successful cabal of efftards I’ve ever seen or heard of. I like to think that in the country I grew up in they’d all be stretched and drying on the side of a barn, but apparently memory is a fickle thing.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely a bone head move in this time of supply and demand crisis. I doubt the WTO will let it happen. Trump tried to impose a 22% on softwood. If Trump was still President and got it through, can you imagine the prices currently? Do you think he would leave it be or roll back the tariff to current level or below what it is now?

Latest posts

Top Bottom