Lumber Prices Record Biggest Weekly Drop Ever

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Considering only a handful of companies control the supply of lumber, I doubt we will ever see prices that low again. I hope I’m wrong. Make you wonder if the supply was artificially exaggerated recently.
Do not forget all the futures traders at the Chicago Merchantile Exchange that are trying to profit from the lumber price.

There are many futures traders that have no desire or the means to take delivery of the contract they are buying!

They only exist there to buy a contract and hope the price goes up, then sell it before it ends.

A bunch of futures traders can really jack the price up!

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have my shop build in a holding pattern waiting on lumber to settle. In the past couple weeks 7/16 osb has basically went down by half. It was $51+ for quite a while and as of late last week $26 ish.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They’re gonna make it up on brick.

Was expecting 14,000 on Wednesday. We call to check on the delivery time today. How’s October strike ya?

Geez. I was gonna start the next one when I finished this one, but I’ve decided to wait until things settle down. Lots are paid for. They ain’t costing me anything to just sit there. It hasn’t been one thing, it’s been everything. Materials, subs, appliances, wire, pex, framers, plumbers, rock hangers, etc, etc, etc.

I may still be working on this one next August. This is wearing me slick.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally pulled the trigger on my home build. Thinking by the time we get to slab prices will be down about as good as its going to get for awhile. Of course my crystal ball is broken.

Latest posts

Top Bottom