Luty sub-machine gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And if you weren't on a watch list before, you sure as hell are now!
I have had volume 1 for around 25 years along with the Anarchist Cookbook, Home Made Silencers and others without ever building anything. Why should I when you can buy stuff legally? I just find them interesting but if we ever do get invaded I will be helping set up shops.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try archive.org. search "folkscanomy" and look at the "self defense" folder for a better copy of Expedient Homemade Firearms, among other things. Luty has a version in .380, as well. It's there somewhere, too. That's Vol. II. Lots of good info, much of it in high resolution scans. Downloaded a copy of The Flintlock, 257mb, and 1944 Mauser blueprints for the Walther P-38 at 113mb. Also check out the Folkscanomy "Engineering" folder. Lots of good stuff on machining, mechanics, etc.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
great two vids,, and for anyone thinking about making a gun,,,,the exposed mag with all those witness holes is a very bad idea,,,it allowes dirt sand and debris,,etc into mag and creates a malfunction ,,early ww2 thompson 30 rd mag had witness holes ,, and were soon eleminated to try and increase reliability,,, the replacement M3 grease gun mag has no holes,,,now most semi auto pistol mags have holes, but they are covered up inside the pistol,,keep your spare mags,on your person clean and covered,,,

avtomatkalashnikov47

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
homeade guns from scratch have gotten alot better these days then i think people realize.
the luty while yeah its cool its a really outdated poor design.

look it up. files are on odysee. its basically a entirely home made tec-9 look alike. it uses 3d printed modified ar lower and ar FCG that uses a hand made round pipe for a upper that needs a little welding. there is a whole set of STL 3-d printable files for it and a guide on how to cut the bolt with a angle grinder , drill press and dremol from solid round bar.

its a nice looking semi auto gun i would consider building sometime if i could get the material to do it. i really need to find a place that supplies steel around here. lowes and ace hardware and home depot has a really limited supply of stuff and it sucks.
honestly, even just for non gun stuff that i need just for welding its a challenge finding raw steel material for welding.

Attachments

• paralog.JPG
    paralog.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
  • para.JPG
    para.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom