Lyman CaseTrim Xpress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been thinking about buying one of these for a while. Caught em on sale last week and pulled the trigger. It arrived today and I can say so far that I am not tickled at all with MidwayUSA. I’ve ordered a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff from them in the past and packaging was always top notch. They just stuck a daggum label on the factory box and mailed this to me. Pretty sad. You can bet I sent them an email. Calling them was my preferred choice but their phones and chat lines are currently shutdown due to the virus stuff. Ive got a huge pile of 223 to trim so we will see how consistent this works. Trimmer came with 10 bushings that cover all my calibers and several other popular ones.
DCFF4177-3622-49DE-949E-04FD8EDAE419.jpeg
4D36710E-BF9E-4F6B-9034-D68BAA17C350.jpeg

Here’s a guys video review below

Last edited:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been thinking about buying one of these for a while. Caught em on sale last week and pulled the trigger. It arrived today and I can say so far that I am not tickled at all with MidwayUSA. I’ve ordered a couple thousand dollars worth of stuff from them in the past and packaging was always top notch. They just stuck a daggum label on the factory box and mailed this to me. Pretty sad. You can bet I sent them an email. Calling them was my preferred choice but their phones and chat lines are currently shutdown due to the virus stuff. Ive got a huge pile of 223 to trim so we will see how consistent this works. Trimmer came with 10 bushings that cover all my calibers and several other popular ones.
View attachment 158550 View attachment 158551

I’ve considered buying one of those myself. If you would, report back as to how consistent it is in trim length from case to case.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup waiting on detailed results. To see if this is an option for doing precision brass or just get a Giruard Tri-way for 223 and keep doing other stuff by hand. I would have been giving Midway an earful also about that shipping. Every packaged I ever got from them was double boxed and had a ton of them lil air pillows. Lyman has impressed me with everything I have bought from them so far so hopefully this is a winner.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ran a quick little test on consistency and to see if the hashmarks on the dial translated to anything I could count on. This tool passes in my opinion. Bushings fit these two calibers really well and do a nice job of keeping the casemouth flat to the cutter face. The trimmer does need mounted solid or clamped in place unless you want to hold it with one hand. This was money well spent as far as I’m concerned.
631B3484-FEDE-4A96-B239-CF0DE8860A69.jpeg
21D2A909-57CE-45E6-BEF5-1ABC8862C561.jpeg

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, that box was beat up!
Yessir! I was surprised based on my past experiences with Midway. I just went and read all 50ish reviews on Midway and I now see that evidently Midway like shipping this product in such a lazy/cheap manner. I posted a review myself. Took me a while to figure out their system wouldn’t let me submit the review until I removed the word “damn” as in “damn box”. Lol
BC2B7AA3-6B88-4404-9A2B-1F27F3D220A3.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom