This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User67828

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only handled one and do not own one so my opinion may not be worth much. However, I do have a Vepr and a Kalashnikov and comparatively speaking I did not like it. It simply felt like a cheap gun. Loose handguard, cheap feeling furniture and a really bad trigger.
With that said, it is an AK platform and the Chinese have been making them for a long time so it may run flawlessly. Also, it appeared as though it was saiga parts compatible. If that's the case it may be worth it. An alg trigger and some decent furniture might make all the difference.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot I posted this. I ended up picking one up. I found the overall fit and finish was pretty good, rivets especially looked nicer than the Romanian aks I've seen, and it came with a retainer plate for the axis pins. The only thing that really felt cheap was the selector lever seems was kind this and was barely touching the reciever so it was too easy to maneuver. A little precision bending and it's just right now. Also it seems really light with the factory plastic furniture but they fit really snug and seem rigid enough for the task. I found a railed handguard for 20 bucks and threw on an extra Magpul stock i had lying around that fit up fine. It weighs just under 8.5 lbs unloaded. I've put about 50 rounds through it and it seems to cycle fine on the gas setting 2 for federal buckshot and setting 3 for #7.5 birdshot. The SGS mag is a little loose but fed fine.
View attachment 156077

Congratulations, I'm happy you got a kick butt shotgun.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot I posted this. I ended up picking one up. I found the overall fit and finish was pretty good, rivets especially looked nicer than the Romanian aks I've seen, and it came with a retainer plate for the axis pins. The only thing that really felt cheap was the selector lever seems kind of thin and was barely touching the reciever so it was too easy to maneuver. A little precision bending and it's just right now. Also it seems really light with the factory plastic furniture but they fit really snug and seem rigid enough for the task. I found a railed handguard for 20 bucks and threw on an extra Magpul stock i had lying around that fit up fine. It weighs just under 8.5 lbs unloaded. I've put about 50 rounds through it and it seems to cycle fine on the gas setting 2 for federal buckshot and setting 3 for #7.5 birdshot. The SGS mag is a little loose but fed fine.
View attachment 156077

What did such a thing set you back and does it accept chokes?

Latest posts

Top Bottom