M 67? (26 U.S.C. § 5801.) ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think that is fake click bait. Just watched another one and the idjit put one on a bow.
Your top picture, the M67 is missing the striker hinge pin and the spoon ears are bent down. Also the pull ring is on the wrong side. Not sure how anyone would legally get ahold of them being destructive devices.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I think that is fake click bait. Just watched another one and the idjit put one on a bow.
Your top picture, the M67 is missing the hinge pin and the spoon ears are bent down. Also the pull ring is on the wrong side. Not sure how anyone would legally get ahold of them being destructive devices.
I ain't clicking.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Calling B.S. on this one! First off there would be a bunch of punctures and scarring on the propane tank, and more than likely the whole side stove in. It looked to me like they shot the tank with a single projectile. Not an expert on the 67 but it is notched hardened wire for fragmentation and it sure as hell would have treated that thin guage tank rough!!!

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure how anyone would legally get ahold of them being destructive devices.
Pretty sure you just pay the $200 transfer tax and wait, just like you would for any other DD. Now, where you'd find transferable M67s, I have no idea, but there are people with FU money who wouldn't blink at throwing that tax money downrange.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty sure you just pay the $200 transfer tax and wait, just like you would for any other DD. Now, where you'd find transferable M67s, I have no idea, but there are people with FU money who wouldn't blink at throwing that tax money downrange.
I agree there are some rich people out there that could afford it. Someone can correct me but I am under the impression that they have never been legal to own. That being frags that I am talking about. It could be a 1968 thing or possibly a 1932. There are other SOTs numbers that probably can play with them but I don’t think the average person can legally

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree there are some rich people out there that could afford it. Someone can correct me but I am under the impression that they have never been legal to own. That being frags that I am talking about. It could be a 1968 thing or possibly a 1932. There are other SOTs numbers that probably can play with them but I don’t think the average person can legally
I can't say I've ever researched it myself, but I used to know a class 3 dealer (for NFA items), and he had an M203. He said all he had for it were practice rounds, as he couldn't afford the $200/round DD transfer tax for the HE rounds. Granted, this was almost 30 years ago, so I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure if those (40mm HE) were legally transferable, frags would be, too.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I knew it didn't look like an issue grenade. No one would have a grenade with shinny metal fuzes......but a replica would.
Screenshot_20200528-152047.png