M-Lok vs Keymod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M-Lok or Keymod

• M-Lok

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Keymod

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knight92

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a new free float rail and cerakote it, but don't want to be on the loosing side. Which do you think will win out, m-lok or the keymod?

I personally think the M-Lok will win but what about everyone else? I don't want to drop 150+ on a rail I won't be able to use in the next 5+ years.

Thanks for your time and input.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a new free float rail and cerakote it, but don't want to be on the loosing side. Which do you think will win out, m-lok or the keymod?

I personally think the M-Lok will win but what about everyone else? I don't want to drop 150+ on a rail I won't be able to use in the next 5+ years.

Thanks for your time and input.
Why wouldn't you be able to use it? You think availability of picatinny sections for either will become extinct?? Mmmmm, okay.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea i agree with drjj, KM aint going no where. With that said m-lok wins just because of magpul...they are so huge in the accessory market anything they put out like this will have an advantage. PLUS it doesn't look like shelving materials haha.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Problem is, by the time your done adding M Loks, you pushing $200 as the 3 slot is worthless, 5 slot is a close second to that...........so you need 7 and 9 slot additions.......then if you need a QD sling mount, theres $24 for a 7 slot with QD........ IMO - find a good quad rail and forget about the screws and attachments to pimple the clean design.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I like the Keymod, but MLOK is cheaper to produce and I recently read it out sells Keymod, but Keymod is the easier system to attach accessories. I run a BCM KMR with a BCM KAG and MI rail panels. I've never had a problem with them coming loose after 2 Run N Guns under their belt.
Aero Precision has their Quantum Rail in either MLOK or Keymod for under $110 for a 15" rail.

Last edited:

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Problem is, by the time your done adding M Loks, you pushing $200 as the 3 slot is worthless, 5 slot is a close second to that...........so you need 7 and 9 slot additions.......then if you need a QD sling mount, theres $24 for a 7 slot with QD........ IMO - find a good quad rail and forget about the screws and attachments to pimple the clean design.

I don't really follow exactly what your saying, But to me a quad rail just feels like garbage compared to something like the aero cavedweller recommended. I prefer a more slim profile to my handguard but I know not everyone is in agreement. Also those rails and accessories are just more weight added to a weapon that should (IMO) remain light and agile. I can see the need for a flashlight on a HD weapon but laser, vertical grips, etc...starts bordering mall ninja territory.

i.imgur.com_f5HpXtJ.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom