M&P 15-22 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodman2112

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had problems with mine right out of the box. It would stovepipe after every round fired. Didn't matter what ammo and tried several magazines. Sent it back to S&W for warranty repair (they replaced the extractor). Since then, it has worked flawlessly. I am very pleased with the accuracy. Seems to like CCI and Federal the best. I would stay away from Remington ammo.

99TROUBLE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had problems with mine right out of the box. It would stovepipe after every round fired. Didn't matter what ammo and tried several magazines. Sent it back to S&W for warranty repair (they replaced the extractor). Since then, it has worked flawlessly. I am very pleased with the accuracy. Seems to like CCI and Federal the best. I would stay away from Remington ammo.

I have also had some stove pipe issues & need to send mine in for the repair. I have read that S&W sent the gun back to some customers w/ a couple of free magazines for the troubles.Did they do this for you?

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine loves the hotter stuff best. CCI Velociter (sp) and Aquila Max Velocity. I have a red dot on mine and so far all my rounds have been limited to 50yrd and under. I can tell you at 50 yards I can hit a 2" resetting spinning target all day long.

I plan on mounting up a 4x scope for my next range trip and try to see how accurate it really is.

BigRed82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about 2 MOA @ 100 yards, but with a Millet DMS-1, I was able to consistently hit something around a 9-12" metal plate at 200 yards out at TCGC. I think they are probably just as accurate, if not more so, as a 10/22.

Whenever I receive my spectre, I'll pick up the threaded model and let you know how it is at 200yds. :50cal: :)