M&P 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was planning on grabbing the new CZ P10, but after reading initial reports I won't. So, I'm thinking about sticking to platform and grabbing the new M&P 2.0. If you have one, how do you like it? In comparison to the first version? Anything you don't like?

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one and I like it much better than the 1.0. I like the grip texture, if it's too rough knock it down with some 220. The trigger is much better, the frame is stiffer, the beaver tail was reduced a bit, and it has an extra back strap. I bought mine for $429.
Here's a write up I did on mine:

I just finished detail stripping the M2.0 and doing my standard tune up on it. I should of taken pictures while I had everything apart. Here's the best I can do assembled.
#1 is the nub that engages the striker block. However, now it also engages the sear. The sear is now 2 parts. The 2nd part is #2. It is held in place by the sear pin and the lobe that used to be engaged by the trigger bar loop. It's like a C clip with a hood. The sears *appear* to be the same 1.0/2.0, but the lobe on the 2.0 now only appears to serve as an anchor point for the new sear part which is the actual sear engagement point.
It will be interesting to see what APEX does with the 2.0. There's nothing to be done with the lobe now, it plays much less of a role in trigger feel. The back of the sear where the striker is held could be improved for trigger weight, but the break is pretty darn crisp. Even after cleaning mine up it still breaks at 5.4 lbs, a bit on the heavy side for my liking.
The striker block definitely needs cleaning up, felt and sounded like gravel. I reshaped and cleaned mine up and it as good as the APEX part now. However, it appears to be made of a much softer metal than before, maybe even aluminum. I intended to put a magnet on it while I had it out, but never came back to it. So an APEX USB would still be a worthy upgrade.

The 2nd picture below is with the trigger pulled so sear engagement can be seen.

i73.photobucket.com_albums_i204_tul9033_IMG_48243_zpshepycdi1.jpg

i73.photobucket.com_albums_i204_tul9033_IMG_4823_zpsncqm5nko.jpg

This picture came from the beararms blog and shows the "C clip" in the sear block better.

i73.photobucket.com_albums_i204_tul9033_imag0269_zpsgquvug3l.jpeg

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures and explanations. I adopted the M&P when it first came out, and have been working on them since, so I'm very familiar with the internals, etc. I'll probably pick one up soon.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I handled a 2.0 recently and I liked the new grip texture and the trigger.

I'm hoping to pick up a 5" version in FDE without the thumb safety when I have the funds.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whittaker Guns has the 2.0 on sale for $389 + $16 shipping. There is also a 5% coupon MOVINGDAY.
I had some problems with the site not applying the coupon, but accepting it. Also once I submitted the order I got a message that my cart was empty, but I did get a order confirmation. I ordered my last 2.0 from them and had no problems. At this price I couldn't pass it up.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-38086

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whittaker Guns has the 2.0 on sale for $389 + $16 shipping. There is also a 5% coupon MOVINGDAY.
I had some problems with the site not applying the coupon, but accepting it. Also once I submitted the order I got a message that my cart was empty, but I did get a order confirmation. I ordered my last 2.0 from them and had no problems. At this price I couldn't pass it up.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-38086
damn...good deal!

Latest posts

Top Bottom