M&P 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are a ton of posts on enos about the longslides throwing 4-6" groups at 25 yards and many even at 15. Never heard of that problem with a G17L or 34/35. Mine isn't that bad but I often wonder if the plate I just missed at 15 yards is me or the gun. I'm fairly good at calling my shots. This is mostly with the long slide versions ironically, the full size guns don't seem to have the issue as bad and neither do the .45s.

Randy Lee at APEX Tactical did his barrel specifically to address this. He claims if fitted perfectly 1.5" groups from a Ransom Rest at 50 yards are possible. It also sounds like he's pretty convinced it's because of loose tolerancing and modulus of elasticity of the barrel and slide steels. It's probably one of the reasons he's developing his own complete upper for the M&P line too.
Hope he hurries up. My M&P 5" pro in .40 has a good day when getting a 5" group at 25 yds off a rest.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been lucky with all my M&Ps because they've been tack-drivers. But I do know the 2.0 is supposed to address the accuracy issue some M&Ps exhibited.

I am pretty M&P heavy as well and I don't have any accuracy issues with mine, except the compact.

I also got to shoot the 2.0 on Monday morning. A guy that just got one was doing reliability shooting. His goal was to put 1k through it that morning. He didn't get past 450, the grip was chewing his hand up. I offered to help with that LOL So I got to put another 400 through it (my own ammo though). My hand was chewed up enough to know I wasn't gonna buy one. Trigger was definitely better though I really don't have a problem with the 1st gen triggers

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I am pretty M&P heavy as well and I don't have any accuracy issues with mine, except the compact.[

I have the 45 shield and it is more accurate than I can shoot lol. Thought I was having issues with accuracy until I rested the gun on my sand bag, gun is good , had to work on my mechanics. Small gun-big hands. Was pushing lol