M&P .22 compact $270

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0

I have been trying to ignore this deal. You aren't helping any.

I know. I mean; it's only a reliable tactical-style .22 pistol that eats any .22lr ammo you feed it and is ridiculously easy to break down and clean. I mean, where's the fun in shooting hundreds and hundreds of trouble free rounds? How's a guy supposed to practice malfunction drills when it just won't malfunction? And it's soooo expensive too; at $270. And those damn magazines; so easy to load and so trouble free as well. And the ergonomics of the thing; there's not much you can do to improve on them so again; where's the fun in putting hundreds more dollars worth of add-ons and modifications if the thing just runs great right outta the box anyway?

Yeah; don't get one. You'll just get bored drilling bullseyes over and over again with cheap bulk pack .22lr ammo with no stopping to whine and moan about the problems you're having with it. About the best you can hope for is a bad batch of ammo so you can at least get some training benefit from it.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
It doesn’t take 12 round mags from the full size, does it?
If it did, I would probably need to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does not. The full size is an Umarex made pistol while the Compact is a single action pistol made by S&W. Google mag extensions for the 22C; I think it’s Nic Taylor who makes this but again, Google-ize it to be sure. Regardless, the 22C is one excellent little rimfire that I really think you’d like. A search here on OSA will bring more info if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I know. I mean; it's only a reliable tactical-style .22 pistol that eats any .22lr ammo you feed it and is ridiculously easy to break down and clean. I mean, where's the fun in shooting hundreds and hundreds of trouble free rounds? How's a guy supposed to practice malfunction drills when it just won't malfunction? And it's soooo expensive too; at $270. And those damn magazines; so easy to load and so trouble free as well. And the ergonomics of the thing; there's not much you can do to improve on them so again; where's the fun in putting hundreds more dollars worth of add-ons and modifications if the thing just runs great right outta the box anyway?

Yeah; don't get one. You'll just get bored drilling bullseyes over and over again with cheap bulk pack .22lr ammo with no stopping to whine and moan about the problems you're having with it. About the best you can hope for is a bad batch of ammo so you can at least get some training benefit from it.

You got me started on my love for this little pistol. Now I have 2.

Wish they made the same frame in 9mm, I'd buy 10

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
You got me started on my love for this little pistol. Now I have 2.

Wish they made the same frame in 9mm, I'd buy 10

I agree; it's not exactly like an M&P Compact and not exactly like a Shield...I like the frame; the grip actually, of the 22C better than either and would jump on a 9mm with this frame/grip in a heartbeat.

One of the interesting things about the 22C to me is that it is a single action pistol rather than being striker fired, as many seem to think it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom