M & P 9c or XD-M

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie0831

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone own or have you fired either of these? I am interested in possibly getting a new CCW and both of these look like they would suit the need.
Do you know if H & H has either for rent to test out?

Steve

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
H'm well the M&PC is a small compact gun and the XD'M is large..
The M&Pc will be much easer to conceal, and I think the M&P has some advantages over the XD'm ( lower bore axis).

I believe H&H has both so go with your plan and shoot them both, that will tell you what you need to know.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The M&P fits my hand much better. That was the selling point for me.

It's not near as brick-like either. The XD is a great gun, but I wouldn't try to conceal it with the clothes I wear daily...

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved my S&W MP40c so much I sold my Glock 27 and then went out and bought a S&W MP9c.

Like said other than the 9c being a compact the the XD-M being a full frame gun that is designed with match grade parts then to me that is the biggest decision to get past.

ruger461

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an M&P 9 sub compact, and an XD 45 compact (the one with the grip extention. The M&P is almost identical to my G27 in size but has everything done to it that I wish my glock did. better erg. better sights (mine happens to have the trijicon ones) better grip feel, and way better trigger. The XD is also very comfortable to hold and shoot. Its bigger so I cant really compare the two as far as carry, different class of gun. I can +1 prdator in the lower bore. The XD seems to have a lot above the grip. One thing though for fun I like shooting the XD over the M&P. prob the difference in size again but the 45 XD "feels" like less recoil than the 9 M&P. Some time would like to shoot both in the same size and see for sure.

Okie0831

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
H'm well the M&PC is a small compact gun and the XD'M is large..
The M&Pc will be much easer to conceal, and I think the M&P has some advantages over the XD'm ( lower bore axis).

I believe H&H has both so go with your plan and shoot them both, that will tell you what you need to know.

This is the "M" that I was referring to. It has a 3.8" barrel.

http://www.the-m-factor.com/home.html