M&p shield .45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one and really enjoy it. Though I also prefer M&P over glock. I bought two as I was going to give one to my brother, however traded it off for a glock 26 to a member here. The member stated they did not like the M&P trigger, and I made the comment the .45 is basically a gen 2. The member dry fired and agreed about the trigger.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have had one for around a year, pistol has been flawless. I did not have any issues with the trigger after a few trips to the range and a couple of thorough cleanings. Pistol has been as accurate as I can shoot out to 35 yrds and has been super at defensive distances! Has ran 3 types of SD ammo, ball and hand rolled lead round nose with no issues!!

Oldman62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No experience with the m&pshield .45 , but I carry a m&p shield 9mm. Have had it for 2 yrs. and it will eat anything I feed it with no hick ups. I did put a apex trigger in it and the big dot sights.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned/own M&P Shield 9mm and .45 ACP - both were excellent, reliable, sub-compact pistols. I actually preferred the .45 over the 9mm. However, as a left-handed shooter I do have one big gripe that only left-handed shooters will fully appreciate. The extremely low-drag, snag-free design of the Shield combined with the desire to slim down as much as possible, caused S&W to eliminate the larger M&P models' ambi-friendly controls. And I simply cannot operate the low-profile slide release and/or thumb safety on the Shield one (left) handed, so I am regularly forced to use my opposite hand to manipulate the Shield. I do not like that at all.

cptnhowdy138

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned/own M&P Shield 9mm and .45 ACP - both were excellent, reliable, sub-compact pistols. I actually preferred the .45 over the 9mm. However, as a left-handed shooter I do have one big gripe that only left-handed shooters will fully appreciate. The extremely low-drag, snag-free design of the Shield combined with the desire to slim down as much as possible, caused S&W to eliminate the larger M&P models' ambi-friendly controls. And I simply cannot operate the low-profile slide release and/or thumb safety on the Shield one (left) handed, so I am regularly forced to use my opposite hand to manipulate the Shield. I do not like that at all.
Being a left handed shooter myself this is extremely helpful

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You think it would be a good trade for a 3rd gen Glock 38? I bought this Glock used and i believe it has aftermarket internals. From my research it looks like a bunch of ZEV industries parts.
Considering you and the guy offering the trade are the only 2 people left in the world that want a gap probably a decent trade

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are these handguns any good? I would like something a little more slim than my Glock 38 and i got offered the shield in a trade. Just wondering if its worth it

I'd make that trade. I've shot another member's .45 ACP Shield and liked it. Nice little gun with some oomph.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 9mm shield and am also left handed.Mugsy is right, it is a pain to operate the controls for me on my shield.Mine doesn't have a safety so that is a little less of a problem.