M&p vs Glock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
NO, No, no, no, no, no!!!!! These are the very type of questions that have riddled mankind with neurotic thoughts and tendencies since his inception. This is as bad as wheat vs white toast, Ford vs Chevy, 9mm vs .45, 30-06 vs .308, blonde vs brunette, boobs vs butt, short hair vs long, Harley vs metric, bacon vs sausage, beer vs whisky, hot vs cold. I still have my Glocks, but have sold at least 5 S&W M&Ps. Granted I have never had the new 2.0 variants and am not a Glock fanboy (I don't think), but the Glocks have served me well and i just felt the Smiths felt, well a bit awkward in the hand. YMMV and I do believe M&Ps are a great gun...

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's personal preference. I love my M&P's. I have two in .40 along with a 357sig and 9mm barrel as well as a .45

Most of the full size glocks I have shot just don't feel right. Did shoot a guys single stack .380 and it was fine.

But in all honesty if you like it and it functions who cares what brand it is. If Hello Kitty was to start making a pistol tomorrow and it worked well, felt good, didn't look retarded and was cheap a lot of people would have it but there would still be someone out there complaining about SOMETHING....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's personal preference. I love my M&P's. I have two in .40 along with a 357sig and 9mm barrel as well as a .45

Most of the full size glocks I have shot just don't feel right. Did shoot a guys single stack .380 and it was fine.

But in all honesty if you like it and it functions who cares what brand it is. If Hello Kitty was to start making a pistol tomorrow and it worked well, felt good, didn't look retarded and was cheap a lot of people would have it but there would still be someone out there complaining about SOMETHING....
Grip angle is paramount to a 1911 guy when choosing a sister weapon.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like M&Ps very much in all variants - with a few specific left-handed shooter complaints about the Shield line - but the truth is that it really does come down to what YOU like not what I like. We can, and will (trust me) go back and forth about this but there really is no ultimate, bottom line objective answer whether M&P, Glock, or Kahr, or a1911 - it all comes down to you. And by golly here in America you have the widest variety of choices available in the world - enjoy!