M&p vs Glock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should have taken him to the NYC where Glock had sent a trailer they had set up for nearly a year fixing all the NYC guns. Not a hater, probably owned every glock out there at some point until the 4th gens were out. Personally, I had one of the 3G G22s that wouldn't run right with a WML, also have a G30SF that had the FTRB issues. Got tired of Glock refusing to acknowledge issues and sweeping them under the rug and moved on.

In terms of Glock vs M&P, M&P has upped their game with the 2.0 guns whereas I'm not sure what glock is doing.... G19x??? WTF lol. If glock would come out with a platform with a truly modular grip system, halfway decent sights, and a halfway decent trigger they'd corner the market. But they aren't the brightest when it comes to market trends. By the time they entered the single stack 9 market, S&W had sold 1 million Shields. God knows all they had to do for years was produce a G43 and a Carbine that takes glock mags and there would be a line around the corner of every shop.
Those issues are what made way for other companies to fill the gap. I have 5 M&Ps myself and love them, but its not like the M&P hasn't had issues themselves. Belgium bought 8000 M&Ps in 2011 and returned 6000 for repairs. It also took them over 11 years to address the trigger and grip complaints. Not that I ever had any complaints about the trigger. Some people feel they have to have the smoothest trigger take to make them shoot better I guess. I have tried a M&P with a Apex trigger and they are certainly smoother than stock but I didnt shoot any better with it. It certainly wasn't an improvement enough to spend $150 for the upgrade.

The 2.0s new grip is a meat grinder without gloves. Not sure why they had to go so aggressive with that but its what the market wants that drives what is produced.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock, period. Go research how many police departments have Glocks.
Police department dont buy guns based on whats the best out there. They purchase the gun that's on sale at the time. There are police departments that have literally flipped between Glock and M&Ps a few times over the last decade.

On the flip side, there isn't a single country that has adopted the M&P for military use.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those issues are what made way for other companies to fill the gap. I have 5 M&Ps myself and love them, but its not like the M&P hasn't had issues themselves. Belgium bought 8000 M&Ps in 2011 and returned 6000 for repairs. It also took them over 11 years to address the trigger and grip complaints. Not that I ever had any complaints about the trigger. Some people feel they have to have the smoothest trigger take to make them shoot better I guess. I have tried a M&P with a Apex trigger and they are certainly smoother than stock but I didnt shoot any better with it. It certainly wasn't an improvement enough to spend $150 for the upgrade.

The 2.0s new grip is a meat grinder without gloves. Not sure why they had to go so aggressive with that but its what the market wants that drives what is produced.

That's fair, they all have issues and that's my main point. I really don't have much fight in this any more, I have 1 glock and 2 shield 45s. I'm one of the masses that likes texture. Check out a CZ P10 if you want really rough. Worse than 25LPI checking IMO.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's fair, they all have issues and that's my main point. I really don't have much fight in this any more, I have 1 glock and 2 shield 45s. I'm one of the masses that likes texture. Check out a CZ P10 if you want really rough. Worse than 25LPI checking IMO.
Agree. I like texture too but IMO, the 2.0 went way overboard. I shot someone else's 2.0 and his hand turned to hamburger, I shot 350 and I could feel my hand getting sore already. Maybe my hands aren't as calloused as they used to be but dang.

I did have an interest in the P10 but having just come out, I didnt want to wait to see where they went with it in regards to compact and longer barreled versions. I understand its having some problems cutting teeth too.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...The 2.0s new grip is a meat grinder without gloves. Not sure why they had to go so aggressive with that but its what the market wants that drives what is produced.

Agree 100%. I like many features of the 2.0 but do not like the grip texturing. I am sticking with my older version and taking advantage of sales to clear v1.0 inventories.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree 100%. I like many features of the 2.0 but do not like the grip texturing. I am sticking with my older version and taking advantage of sales to clear v1.0 inventories.
Ditto. Seriously thinking about it. Just spent a crap load of money so I'm having a hard time justifying another purchase. Classic Firearms has no safety M&P9 for $319. Hope the stock holds out for another month

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No idea what happened to the .40 S&W, I had a few over the years, but went all 9mm and .45. Seems that the .40 has all but lost its charm out there in gun land...
Just doesn't do anything a 9mm or .45 won't do is all. It's not a bad cartridge at all but the 9mm is cheaper and holds more, the .45 is easier to shoot well (less snappy/less pressure/performance isn't questioned).