M&p vs Glock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Between the M&P 9 and the Glock 17 (have both) the M&P just works better for me. Nothing really wrong with the Glock, just not the best choice for me. I prefer the CZ75B to either of them.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Glock, period. Go research how many police departments have Glocks.

I'm not saying Glock isn't a decent gun, but don't put faith in the best weapon to buy being the one the military or police departments adopt.
The manufacturer who can meet the basic standards at the lowest cost gets the bid. Period.

I know a few officers who have given up their issued Glocks to carry their personally owned M&P's.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not saying Glock isn't a decent gun, but don't put faith in the best weapon to buy being the one the military or police departments adopt.
The manufacturer who can meet the basic standards at the lowest cost gets the bid. Period.

I know a few officers who have given up their issued Glocks to carry their personally owned M&P's.

It could be that they are just more familiar with their personally owned weapon too. For me, the bottom line is to just pick whichever one you like. Or get both. Or get a bunch of different ones. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Snake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hmm..I know a few officers who have given up their issued M&Ps to go with Glock so....