M&p vs Glock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not saying Glock isn't a decent gun, but don't put faith in the best weapon to buy being the one the military or police departments adopt.
The manufacturer who can meet the basic standards at the lowest cost gets the bid. Period.

I know a few officers who have given up their issued Glocks to carry their personally owned M&P's.
you need to get out a little more, M&Ps are yesterday Ruger P89's

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
NO, No, no, no, no, no!!!!! These are the very type of questions that have riddled mankind with neurotic thoughts and tendencies since his inception. This is as bad as wheat vs white toast, Ford vs Chevy, 9mm vs .45, 30-06 vs .308, blonde vs brunette, boobs vs butt, short hair vs long, Harley vs metric, bacon vs sausage, beer vs whisky, hot vs cold. I still have my Glocks, but have sold at least 5 S&W M&Ps. Granted I have never had the new 2.0 variants and am not a Glock fanboy (I don't think), but the Glocks have served me well and i just felt the Smiths felt, well a bit awkward in the hand. YMMV and I do believe M&Ps are a great gun...
D Hargrove and I must finally disagree. I have 8 M&P firearms. I feel they are superior and have sold all my glocks. So there.

You guys actually sold guns!!! What kind of sickness is this and how do I avoid it!!!:cool:

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve owned three glocks, I owned a 21 and 19 when I purchased my first MP. I sold those glocks a month later and haven’t looked back. The MP is more ergonomic, reliable, and I just shoot them better than Glock. Not to mention glocks look and feel like a brick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had been wanting a PC shield 9mm for the better trigger, but didn't need the porting, so I held out for the 2.0, which I recently purchased for $334ish with crimson laser. It carrys IWB much better than any of my Glocks or LCR. I am also much more accurate with it than I am any of my compact/sub compact Glocks, but that may just be lack of practice. The texture is way overboard and I have the grip wrapped until I have time to sand it down or figure something out with it. The first time I carried it, it ate my stomach up just like 60 grit sandpaper. Other than the grip, I am very impressed with the shield 2.0 and don't see a need for any sub compact Glocks in my arsenal.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had been wanting a PC shield 9mm for the better trigger, but didn't need the porting, so I held out for the 2.0, which I recently purchased for $334ish with crimson laser. It carrys IWB much better than any of my Glocks or LCR. I am also much more accurate with it than I am any of my compact/sub compact Glocks, but that may just be lack of practice. The texture is way overboard and I have the grip wrapped until I have time to sand it down or figure something out with it. The first time I carried it, it ate my stomach up just like 60 grit sandpaper. Other than the grip, I am very impressed with the shield 2.0 and don't see a need for any sub compact Glocks in my arsenal.
You're not the only one that thinks the grip was designed by Black & Decker