M1 Garand / M1A / M-14 Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shifty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a CMP rifle that I got for my 14th birthday. It was in pretty rough shape when I got it.. the barrel was shot out, there was a significant crack in the stock, hell when I opened the cleaning kit door sand poored out of it.. I've always wondered what the history of that was.

I sent it off to Roland Beaver at Old Corp weaponry about 10yrs ago and gave it the overhaul..

He sent it back to me shooting right at 1MOA, which was more than I could ask for out of an old battle rifle!

Looks great. What did the work run you?

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$400ish.. but that was 10yrs ago too. I hear that he's still doing work on Garands and M1a's but his turnaround time is up in the year to year and a half range now... not to mention he's getting up there in years himself :-(

He does some really cool mods to Garands though.. He'd rechamber them in any caliber you wanted as long as it was based off the 308 or 3006 round.. He said one of his favorites is a .22-250 conversion! I want one of those badly!!!!

stewball

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many thanks to Bubbajuju for his/her help with photobucket.

Underwood 30 caliber carbine
Standard issue M1 Springfield
Ohio Ordinance BAR
Remington A3-03
Springfield Match M1

[Broken External Image]

milsurpman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1943 Springfield M1
1944 Inland M1 Carbine
I also have a Springfield 1903A3and a M1917