M14 Fire Selector Parts Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at installing a dummy M14 fire selector parts kit on a M1A I'll be building. The parts would be fastened to the stock itself, and not to the receiver as in the original design, so they would be non-functional and serve only in a cosmetic role. My question is, is it legal in OK to own these parts which come from a demilled M14, or would I need a tax stamp? Any one gone this route before?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So what about the AK and FAL parts kits that come with all the FA parts.
How Many automatic felons do we have on this forum?

Hmm, I didn't know AK or FAL kits could be purchased with the fun parts still included. Interesting...

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fulton Armory sells a non-functional dummy selector to give your rifle the M14 look. It attaches to a wood stock with a pin and wood screws. I would go that route.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/selectorswitchnon-functioningreplicasteelparkerized.aspx

www.fulton_armory.com_images_products_detail_FA001011500_50.jpg

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did look at Fulton's kit. Unfortunately, it's the switch type selector and not the "original" button-type selector, and it's obvious the connector bar is missing. If worst comes to worst, I'll just get the Sparrowhawk FDS button kit, which is the same as Fulton's kit only with a button.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did look at Fulton's kit. Unfortunately, it's the switch type selector and not the "original" button-type selector, and it's obvious the connector bar is missing. If worst comes to worst, I'll just get the Sparrowhawk FDS button kit, which is the same as Fulton's kit only with a button.

The M14 Selector rotates 180 degrees to select semi or full auto (full auto is selected when the "A" is toward the rear). The "button" I believe you are talking about is actually a Selector Lock that was put on most M14's to keep them from being fired on full auto since most riflemen could not control them. Here is a pic of the Selector Lock.

www.fulton_armory.com_images_products_detail_M14SelectorLock.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom