M16A1 replica ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't currently own a 'black gun', AK or SKS but I've come to the conclusion that I might like to own a Vietnam era style M16A1.

I see the genuine Colt M16's are pretty expensive so what I'd probably want is a semi auto replica / clone with the 'exact looks' of the VN era Colt......A1 stock, carry handle, same 20" barrel length, triangular handguard, in .223 etc.

I'd want a brand name that is available in the OKC metro area, runs like it's supposed to and is known to be pretty much trouble free out of the box and doesn't cost a arm and a leg.

Any suggestions ?

Last edited:

rakkal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're in MWC, go to Kings Pawn and talk to Kyle. Damn knowledgeable and he may be able to help you a lot. I'm considering getting myself an M16 style AR as well!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@adamsredline just purchased one I believe. He posted a pic a few weeks back if I remember correctly. Maybe check him out, the man knows his guns.

I got an A2 style upper and wood stock (more fantasy retro than actual retro). Its a RRA upper which seems to be a reasonable priced way to go for an integral carry handle upper.

17836932_1479671025411455_2047271607_o.jpg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

That looks pretty much like what I'm looking for and at $1370.00 the price doesn't seem all that bad for a 'ready made'......I wonder if they are available locally ?

How's the quality on Fulton Armory ?

Do you think I could have someone build me one locally, using as good or better parts as the Fulton, for right at the same price ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom