M1911 trigger work ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put 150 rounds through the 45 ACP SA Mil-Spec yesterday morning and all the issues I had were fixed by SA and it ran great / no function issues.

When I sent it in I mentioned to them that to me the trigger also seemed a little hard and had creep and felt kinda gritty.....the note on their 'work order' simply said, "inspected trigger, in factory spec."

When I purchased my Remington R1-S back in 2015 I had the trigger worked on, with the same issues, by a gunsmith that did a excellent job by just buffing and polishing things but he has since passed away so I'm looking for reliable a smith that can slick up the trigger on a M1911......reading online horror stories I certainly don't want BUBBA working on my gun and having it go full auto on me.

It seems like I recall somebody mentioning a fella named Clay Hoover at Village Tactical that does good M1911 work but I don't know anything about him or have any references on him.

For what I'm looking to have done who would be a good gunsmith to call ?

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put 150 rounds through the 45 ACP SA Mil-Spec yesterday morning and all the issues I had were fixed by SA and it ran great / no function issues.

When I sent it in I mentioned to them that to me the trigger also seemed a little hard and had creep and felt kinda gritty.....the note on their 'work order' simply said, "inspected trigger, in factory spec."

When I purchased my Remington R1-S back in 2015 I had the trigger worked on, with the same issues, by a gunsmith that did a excellent job by just buffing and polishing things but he has since passed away so I'm looking for reliable a smith that can slick up the trigger on a M1911......reading online horror stories I certainly don't want BUBBA working on my gun and having it go full auto on me.

It seems like I recall somebody mentioning a fella named Clay Hoover at Village Tactical that does good M1911 work but I don't know anything about him or have any references on him.

For what I'm looking to have done who would be a good gunsmith to call ?

@Hoov is a member here; try sending him a PM and ask him. I don't know if he's a trigger-slicker or not, but he's a stand-up guy.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Most people mess up trigger jobs by taking off too much material and not just doing a polish job, plus the angles are easy to get off track, so once they get lopsided, people tend to keep going until it's straight again. Then it's too late.

Get yourself an EGW or Cylinder and slide ignition kit and you'll notice a huge difference from a stock mil spec.
The Cylinder and Slide kit I have in my 1911 is pretty close to the same feel and weight as my worked over 2011 trigger.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up my SA M1911 from Hoov at Village Tactical this morning and he did a fantastic job on the trigger.....there is no creep, it's smooth as silk and it breaks like glass right where I wanted it to.

A big thumbs up for Village Tactical.

thumbs-up-png.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom