1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

M2 Carbine..worth it??

Discussion in 'NFA & Class III Discussion' started by Cohiba, Nov 21, 2013.

1. gl89aw

gl89aw Sharpshooter

I reload for my carbine using lead/wheel weight bullets, the Lyman 311359 with a gas check works great. Contrary to popular beliefs I have not had any leading problems to date, the load I use runs about 1725fps. Once you have the brass it brings the cost down to around .05 cents a round if you scrounge your lead/wheel weights.

2. HackerF15E

HackerF15E Sharpshooter

The "difference" with the M2 mags is that there was an additional "finger" added to the mag catch and an additional bump on the 30-round mag to engage that finger.

Basically it was just designed to help support the added weight of the 30-round mag over the stock 15 round mag.

Both mag types and mag catches are compatible with each other; 15 round mags work fine with the extended M2 mag catch and 30 round mags work fine with the stock M1 mag catch

3. HFS

HFS Sharpshooter

4. Hoov

Hoov Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I am not a mil surp expert, but I have had the Tula ammo for $15 for 50. The Gold Dot is twice that. The Japanese mags are notorious for not working. If I find some more in the warehouse, I will sell you some of Fred's old ammo for a song. Or a stogie...;)

5. scottb42

scottb42 Sharpshooter

6. HackerF15E

HackerF15E Sharpshooter

The only down side of reloading .30C is that -- unlike most other straight-walled stuff -- the cases have to be trimmed every loading.