M2 Carbine..worth it??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gl89aw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I reload for my carbine using lead/wheel weight bullets, the Lyman 311359 with a gas check works great. Contrary to popular beliefs I have not had any leading problems to date, the load I use runs about 1725fps. Once you have the brass it brings the cost down to around .05 cents a round if you scrounge your lead/wheel weights.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "difference" with the M2 mags is that there was an additional "finger" added to the mag catch and an additional bump on the 30-round mag to engage that finger.

Basically it was just designed to help support the added weight of the 30-round mag over the stock 15 round mag.

Both mag types and mag catches are compatible with each other; 15 round mags work fine with the extended M2 mag catch and 30 round mags work fine with the stock M1 mag catch

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a mil surp expert, but I have had the Tula ammo for $15 for 50. The Gold Dot is twice that. The Japanese mags are notorious for not working. If I find some more in the warehouse, I will sell you some of Fred's old ammo for a song. Or a stogie...;)

scottb42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom