Machining cost?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have a feel for what a fair price for a machine shop to cut inside threads on a tube, and turn-down and outside thread a pair of endcaps for that tube? I understand this would have to be done on an approved BATF form 1 for suppressor manufacture.
Thanks

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The tube is 1.75" o.d. 14 gauge 6063 aluminum with a 0.083" wall thickness. I don't have the material for the endcaps, but aluminum as well. Possibly some knurling on o.d. of endcaps. Would also need NFA required engraving. This would not be in any kind of rush at all. Thanks.

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^ I know that makes more sense, right? I have always had an interest in tearing things apart and trying to improve and redesign them, drove my dad nuts. It carried into my adult life as an engineer. I just wish I had more machinist experience/knowledge, and access to the equipment.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
^ I know that makes more sense, right? I have always had an interest in tearing things apart and trying to improve and redesign them, drove my dad nuts. It carried into my adult life as an engineer. I just wish I had more machinist experience/knowledge, and access to the equipment.

Yea, I get it. I guess I'm the same way in a lot of respects (although I own a lathe). Right now my problem is seeing that a company offers an upgrade for my mite and even though I'm sure I can do the same thing the law wont allow me to.

What are you planning on doing for baffles?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use my trident fixed mount to fit threads on some barrels. I got tired of dropping it and repairing the threads so I made a little protector for it.

i306.photobucket.com_albums_nn269_dustingaunder_Guns_20and_20Related_MIsc_2f5867e7.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom