Machining cost?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone have a feel for what a fair price for a machine shop to cut inside threads on a tube, and turn-down and outside thread a pair of endcaps for that tube? I understand this would have to be done on an approved BATF form 1 for suppressor manufacture.
Thanks

Not allowed, these are considered supressor parts and must be made by the person who holds the already approved stamp or by an 07/02
I know this sounds crazy but if you are making a part for a supressor then it has to be pre-approved via the $200 tax stamp.
Do not make the parts and then ask for permission to make it!

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not allowed, these are considered supressor parts and must be made by the person who holds the already approved stamp or by an 07/02
I know this sounds crazy but if you are making a part for a supressor then it has to be pre-approved via the $200 tax stamp.
Do not make the parts and then ask for permission to make it!

Just to expand on what HB is saying....

With an approved form 1 in hand, it is my understanding that the maker listed on the form could have someone do the machining if he/she was in the presence of the item at the time of manufacture. This would not allow you to just drop your form 1 with someone and tell them to get to work. I also wouldent think it would allow an 07/02 to make it for you but they could work on it after it is completed

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With an approved form 1 you can send a rifle to an 01/03 or an 07/02 to be shortened for you. I don't see why you couldn't have your form 1 can worked on the same way.

A normal every day machine shop, you'd have to be there with it the entire time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom