Made it out to the range today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took my precision rifle put to sight in my new scope. It's an Arken EP4 6-24.

Pretty impressed with it, the reticle is EXTREMELY fine, if your eyes are weak, the dots might be difficult, especially at low magbification, as it's a First Focal Plane scope. This helped me a lot sighring it it, though.

My first FFP scope, and with the mil/mil reticle and adjustments it was pretty nice.

After a couple first-timer rookie mistakes, I finally got it dialed in just before dark.

My first mistake was starting at 25 yards on paper. First 3-shot group was almost 2" low and slightly right. I ended up dialing 10 clicks (1 mil) "UP", but... I misread my scope markings and tirned the wrong way. (sigh) So my second group was even lower.

Then I realized what I did and corrected.

More to come, going to move to my computer from the phone...

Ok, here's the pic:

20201017_203638-X2.jpg

Those are all 3-shot groups at 25y.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then I moved out to 100y, once I got in the right spot, and... low and behold, I ended up probably 4" HIGH. Dammit.

So I played around a little bit, then finally got it dialed in, and right just before dark was able to get some accurate groups in:

20201017_192634-X2.jpg

20201017_192630-X2.jpg

And my best one of the day:

20201017_192628-X2.jpg

These last three it was getting really difficult for me to see, but I was pretty happy overall at 100y.

The Arken is a really nice scope, BTW, I am definitely happy with it for what I paid, which was - $599, I think?

Only thing else I could hope for is turret caps and maybe a variable illumination - that reticle is super fine, the dots are tiny tiny. In the dusk, I had to be zoomed in pretty much all the way, but overall I am very happy with it.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice, tR! Need pics of the hardware. You know the rulz, must have pics!

Even IF you may have previously posted them, we’ll need them again in this thread since we are some lazy Bastages and will not desire to go searching.

Latest posts

Top Bottom