Made it out to the range today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’re more apt to miss a shot because you forget to return to zero after a range trip than knock a turret off zero. Most high end scopes and many not so high end scopes take significant rotational force to rotate the turret.

I’ve shot open turrets for years and have never had one get knocked off zero due to rough field use. Although I have forgotten to return to zero after a day at the range. But with a zero stop, it’s easy to find it...even with out looking.

Good shooting by the way, what speed are you getting out of your 6.5 PRC?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You’re more apt to miss a shot because you forget to return to zero after a range trip than knock a turret off zero. Most high end scopes and many not so high end scopes take significant rotational force to rotate the turret.

I’ve shot open turrets for years and have never had one get knocked off zero due to rough field use. Although I have forgotten to return to zero after a day at the range. But with a zero stop, it’s easy to find it...even with out looking.

Good shooting by the way, what speed are you getting out of your 6.5 PRC?

I didn't chrono any this weekend, but when I did, I was getting 3100+ out of 56 grains of RL-26, I believe. I'd have to go look, really.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't chrono any this weekend, but when I did, I was getting 3100+ out of 56 grains of RL-26, I believe. I'd have to go look, really.

I assume that's with a 147gr? You can sure get the speed with that chambering and I'm sure it's a pleasure to shoot. You've got a really nice setup.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the 147 ELD-M. Got a good supply of RL-26 and H1000 to try out various loads. Now that I've got it dialed in, I can play around and see what works best for me.

Sure is a pleasure to play with. :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom