Made something to use to oil my guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since these came from a farm and ranch department, I had hoped they it would be a tougher as well as having a large gauge.
Never thought about the rubber being the biggest issue.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Have been looking for the lucas oil dispensers that appear to have a very small needle opening. That's what I want. Have seen a few online but seemed stupid paying shipping that cost more than the product. So what do I do? Spend more than shipping on something that won't work. HA!:homer:

I buy my Lucas gun oil at Firearms Solutions in Duncan if you are ever over that way.

I also use the syringes that you bought for mixing the correct ration when I duracoat. They are cheap enough I consider them disposable. Kinda like the valve stems I put in modern gas cans for vents because someone thought a vent in new gas cans will kill the planet. I know they will swell and fall apart in about a year but their cheap so...

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update on the syringe and 16 gauge needle project. Working fine so far. No leaking and used it on my 1911 I shot at lunch today. going to grind down the tip tomorrow and make a smooth even top of the needle. Think I will have better control to put just a tiny drop in any position I need.
May have problems in a few days. Some have state that it will eat up the rubber or continue to expand but not the case so far. Still liking the idea.
If it fails in the near future, I have another syringe to experiment with. Might try scotch guard on the rubber to seal it.....who knows.
I like to tinker.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another update on the Syringe and needle oiler experiment. Still working fine with not leakage or sticking. Plunger works smooth with no sticking. Will be using again tomorrow as I clean a few of my guns tomorrow in prep for the ENS Sunday.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have used these for a few years with no leaking problems from the cap, puts a drop at a time of Ballistol where I want it on the gun with no mess.

upload_2017-2-3_19-15-1.png

Last edited:

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Day three and my little rig is working perfectly. Cleaned and oiled my 9mm AR, Glock and 1911. Using Hoppes oil with the syringe and 16 gauge needle, I was able to oil all the places that needed it without getting oil every where. Also exactly the amount I needed. (Getting prepped for the ENS tomorrow)
After jabbing myself (what I was afraid of) with the needle on the first gun, I ground down the point flush. Works better and no more nicks.
I really like this.
Will update if it starts to stick, rubber swells or rubber disintegrates. So far it's working brilliantly and exactly how I hoped.
Thinking about using another of the needles and syringes with Ballistol to see if it has any negative results.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a couple swipes across fine sandpaper, across a file, or even on your concrete garage floor over in the corner will take the sharp point off easily to avoid an oily injection into a poked finger. They even get dull into skin after being used 3-5 times if you want to just wait and do it that way, Ha Ha

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update. Rig is still running smoothly without any leaks or plunger sticking.
Could have waited filing down the tip of the needle, but since I stuck myself after only two minutes, I figured it's time to get the dremel out. Glad I did too. Works better without having to make sure the opening is down. Now it's just perfect.
I'm sure I would have stuck myself every time I used it. No doubt about that at all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom