Made the delivery driver girl cry today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Minimum Wage for Tipped Employees in Oklahoma Is 7.25 per hour
2.13 cash wage and 5.12 tips added to their W-2 for tips.
(Big chain restaurants do the above and restaurants with over 10 servers do the above)

So tipping with cash or credit card does not change their W-2 taxable amounts.
I small restaurant does no have to follow the above rules (Under 10 Servers)

Link for Each State Minimum Wages for Tipped Employees | U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good for you on the tip! These are hard times for some folks and I'm thankful that I'm not having a hard time and able to help others. It is good to help others and get a smile-we don't' know the trials and problems they are facing at home. I'm afraid with the current administration it is going to get much worse because they just don't care.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you think the cash tips are are actually reported when when their salary is less than $2 bucks per hour?
I can assure you they are not.
. The baggers at the Tinker AFB commissary used to make aroud $3,000 per month and didn't pay taxes which was pretty good for college and high school students as well as widows, wives etc. Then the IRS got involved because they were missing out on some cash. They did an audit and found out what the average bagger made and taxed them on it whether they make that much or less. So if they make make more than the IRS determined, they sure aren't going to tell them about the increase!

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lesson I learned about tipping!

When I had just turned 17 I decided I wanted to leave my small town in northeast Kansas and go live in the big city of Boston. I purchased a TWA one-way ticket to Boston and emptied my bank account (all of $800.00 after airline ticket) and took off for Boston.

In less than a week I had a job and apartment in Brookline, MA, a suburb of Boston. I worked at a very busy ESSO service station right off the Mass Turnpike. I worked from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm 5 days a week and a half day on every other Saturday.

The owner of this service station was a no-nonsense Italian and I being a small town kid, always worried about letting him down or screwing up. If he got angry he might not say much, but he would go red from the neck up, so you knew he was pissed at you.

One day, the first snow storm of the season came and we were swamped putting on snow tires, checking antifreeze, studding snow tires, etc. In the middle of this hustle and bustle a black limousine backs up to one of the four bay doors and two characters head right into the owner’s office. He then comes out and tells me that I need to swap the tires on the ground for the studded snow tires in the back of the limousine. I told him that we had people backed up waiting for service that had be waiting for a long time and these guy just got there. He told me not worry about it and swap the tires for them.

So, I take a hydraulic jack, air hose, and impact outside in the blowing snow to change out the tires. The two guys are standing at the back of the car and pop the truck. Right after I take the tires out of the truck, the chauffeur hands me a $5.00 bill. I asked him what it was for and was told for getting my ass to work and getting those tires changed out quick.

Needless to say, I swapped the tires out as fast as a NASCAR pit crew. When I finished and put the swapped out tires back in the trunk, the chauffeur handed me another $5.00 bill. To me that was a big tip since I was making $1.60/hour. I said to the man, “You already gave a $5.00 tip.” He looked at me hard and said, “Boy let me give you a little life lesson. When somebody hands you free money with no strings attached, take the money and shove it your pocket and keep your yap closed.” He slammed the truck lid down and told me to get the tools and **** out of the way because they were in hurry.

After they left I was told by my boss that the passenger was a Mafia hit man and lived in a penthouse in the luxury apartments on the other side of the freeway. The other guy was his body guard and driver. Supposedly the hit man had his driver always check the car for explosives before he would go for a ride; he was terrified someone would plant a bomb on his car.

I don’t think my boss was a connected individual, but he always pandered to the mafia types that frequented the service station. I’m sure the hit man and his body guard greased the owner's palm well to jump to the front of the line.

The lesson I learned from that experience has stuck with me.

I told all that to say this. Tipping before one gets service often insures great service.

Before I retired I traveled a great deal for work and ate in too many restaurants and made a habit of giving a tip at the get-go and if the waitress or waiter followed through with great service they would get another tip when they brought the meal check.

That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lesson I learned about tipping!

When I had just turned 17 I decided I wanted to leave my small town in northeast Kansas and go live in the big city of Boston. I purchased a TWA one-way ticket to Boston and emptied my bank account (all of $800.00 after airline ticket) and took off for Boston.

In less than a week I had a job and apartment in Brookline, MA, a suburb of Boston. I worked at a very busy ESSO service station right off the Mass Turnpike. I worked from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm 5 days a week and a half day on every other Saturday.

The owner of this service station was a no-nonsense Italian and I being a small town kid, always worried about letting him down or screwing up. If he got angry he might not say much, but he would go red from the neck up, so you knew he was pissed at you.

One day, the first snow storm of the season came and we were swamped putting on snow tires, checking antifreeze, studding snow tires, etc. In the middle of this hustle and bustle a black limousine backs up to one of the four bay doors and two characters head right into the owner’s office. He then comes out and tells me that I need to swap the tires on the ground for the studded snow tires in the back of the limousine. I told him that we had people backed up waiting for service that had be waiting for a long time and these guy just got there. He told me not worry about it and swap the tires for them.

So, I take a hydraulic jack, air hose, and impact outside in the blowing snow to change out the tires. The two guys are standing at the back of the car and pop the truck. Right after I take the tires out of the truck, the chauffeur hands me a $5.00 bill. I asked him what it was for and was told for getting my ass to work and getting those tires changed out quick.

Needless to say, I swapped the tires out as fast as a NASCAR pit crew. When I finished and put the swapped out tires back in the trunk, the chauffeur handed me another $5.00 bill. To me that was a big tip since I was making $1.60/hour. I said to the man, “You already gave a $5.00 tip.” He looked at me hard and said, “Boy let me give you a little life lesson. When somebody hands you free money with no strings attached, take the money and shove it your pocket and keep your yap closed.” He slammed the truck lid down and told me to get the tools and **** out of the way because they were in hurry.

After they left I was told by my boss that the passenger was a Mafia hit man and lived in a penthouse in the luxury apartments on the other side of the freeway. The other guy was his body guard and driver. Supposedly the hit man had his driver always check the car for explosives before he would go for a ride; he was terrified someone would plant a bomb on his car.

I don’t think my boss was a connected individual, but he always pandered to the mafia types that frequented the service station. I’m sure the hit man and his body guard greased the owner's palm well to jump to the front of the line.

The lesson I learned from that experience has stuck with me.

I told all that to say this. Tipping before one gets service often insures great service.

Before I retired I traveled a great deal for work and ate in too many restaurants and made a habit of giving a tip at the get-go and if the waitress or waiter followed through with great service they would get another tip when they brought the meal check.

That’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it!
$20 to the hostess at Ihop at 2 a.m. will get your group a table in front of everyone else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom