Magazine ID

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody know this one? It came with a used Beretta CX$ 9mm carbine I bought. I'm thinking about selling the gun, but would like to correctly ID the mag first, both for manufacturer and just to confirm it's application. Haven't fired it, but hope to soon.

It's pictured next to a MecGar 30 rounder specific to the Beretta 92, which is proper for this carbine. You can't tell from the pic, but the mag catch is about a 1/4" lower on the short one. It won't feed.

I'm guessing it's a PX4. Can anyone confirm that. If I can identify it as anything other than a 90 series, I'll just "pay it forward".

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The pic. Duh!

mags.JPG

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went back to the shop where I got it and they switched it out for another one. This one works, although I wouldn't bet money it's the right one. You have to make sure it seats positively. OK for a range mag.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it has no markings its probably Chinese. I used to deal in mags and Beretta, Taurus, Sig, Ruger, S&W,Etc, Etc.
9mm mags were all the same mag except the size and location of the mag catch notch.
I've still got a big box around someplace full that I never could I.D.
One of these days I'm gonna notch some of them to fit my Marlin camp carbine (S&W 59 mag)

Latest posts

Top Bottom