Magnum Research Lite 22wmr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m probably going to buy one tomorrow. I’m pretty sure I think maybe I don’t know yes I am. Seems like one of those things you just gotta find out for yourself. Good news is I’ve already got a scope and rings here to put on it so that’s almost like saving money. I’ll post up here what I think after I run some ammo through it. Doesn’t seem there’s much interest in this rifle but I’ll share my opinion for those that may be interested in the future. Seems like most of the feedback and info I find on it are on YouTube and I usually take those reviews with a grain of salt. I’ll be my own Guinea pig. Lol

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of diller popping. The 17 is hell on them.
8D350283-7F5E-4DCB-9607-51B2F6B6557B.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had these rifles since before 17wsm came into existence. I’ve seriously thought about getting a WSM, but I’m way too heavily vested in HMR.
I had a .17 Rem once in the AR Platform during the late 70's. OMG that round was impressive, but it didn't take long to burn out that barrel. The accuracy went from sub MOA at 100 yds to a barn sized group at the same distance after a thousand rounds or so. I suspect it was because bullets back then were not constructed as well as the current bullets that will run 4000fps without gilding metal fouling.
The early .22-250's at 4000fps+ suffered the same issues. No issues with that now.
It was a novelty cartridge then, not getting a whole lot of attention but at 4000+ fps, it was devastating on coyotes and small game. Never an exit, just dead right there.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a .17 Rem once in the AR Platform during the late 70's. OMG that round was impressive, but it didn't take long to burn out that barrel. The accuracy went from sub MOA at 100 yds to a barn sized group at the same distance after a thousand rounds or so. I suspect it was because bullets back then were not constructed as well as the current bullets that will run 4000fps without gilding metal fouling.
The early .22-250's at 4000fps+ suffered the same issues. No issues with that now.
It was a novelty cartridge then, not getting a whole lot of attention but at 4000+ fps, it was devastating on coyotes and small game. Never an exit, just dead right there.
Yessir! I carry a 22-250 in the feed truck. You don’t have to worry with shot placement on a coyote much. You just hit the coyote anywhere and it’s life ending carnage.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yessir! I carry a 22-250 in the feed truck. You don’t have to worry with shot placement on a coyote much. You just hit the coyote anywhere and it’s life ending carnage.
Same with deer using my .243 WSSM AR. 55 grain Noslers drop them in their tracks out to 500 yards so far. 4150 fps across the chrono. DRT.
Speed kills.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had these rifles since before 17wsm came into existence. I’ve seriously thought about getting a WSM, but I’m way too heavily vested in HMR.
I think the 17wsm is a great round but there’s not many rifles available to support the caliber. I had a savage and it was most definitely accurate but I didn’t like the way the rifle operated. The ruger rifle is over a grand. Franklin builds an AR style but it’s well over a grand. Volqaurtsen tried building rifles in the caliber but struggled with ammo consistency. I may try an HMR someday. Man when I had the wsm I loved the trajectory and lethality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom