Mailing a ML in state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve mailed long guns to FFL’s in other states but never in state. I know there SHOULD be no issue because a ML doesn’t fall under any restrictions. I’ve read on other forums where people have ran into issues with various PO’s and/or workers there over legalities.
Here’s the link to USPS. Do you guys think I should check with the PO first or just go straight to FE or UPS?
https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2011/pb22321/html/updt_001.htm

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve mailed long guns to FFL’s in other states but never in state. I know there SHOULD be no issue because a ML doesn’t fall under any restrictions. I’ve read on other forums where people have ran into issues with various PO’s and/or workers there over legalities.
Here’s the link to USPS. Do you guys think I should check with the PO first or just go straight to FE or UPS?
https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2011/pb22321/html/updt_001.htm

Anytime I've mailed in-state or out of state the clerks are usually confused about why I'm providing them with their own form 1508. Half of them have to ask someone what to do with the form.

I'd imagine if you ship via USPS and provide the form they won't ask any questions.

Heck, whenever I've shipped via USPS, FedEx or UPS non of them ask for my FFL.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I used the UPS store in Edmond. It’s locally franchise and the dude was really cool and asked me what it was. I told him and he was like ‘gotcha, I’ll label it sporting goods’. I’m good with that!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
12.2 a. Subject to state, territory, or district regulations, rifles and shotguns may be mailed without restriction when sent within the same state of mailing.

It's in that link.

Latest posts

Top Bottom