Major Lava Flows - Iceland

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we need to get someone involved, I am sure it is contributing to global warming. Ha Ha. Neat pictures, I got to see a little lava flow in Hawaii a lot of years ago. Very impressive in real life of how our earth works. Thanks for sharing.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outstandingly beautiful, unreal images at this link
Despite its primordial, terrifying presence, appearing more like Mordor than anywhere earthly,...
An interesting note about the Fagradalsfjall eruption - particularly to those fascinated by geology and volcanism - is the qualities of the lava that is emerging from it. According to early data, this is the oldest lava that has emerged in Iceland for 7,000 years.

This can be attributed to the deep magma chamber beneath it, usually only found at the bottom of ocean rifts.

02C100F7-63B5-4329-A83B-6D6253E4A23B.jpeg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This can be attributed to the deep magma chamber beneath it, usually only found at the bottom of ocean rifts.
Last I checked, Iceland sat atop the Mid Atlantic Ridge...

The science nerd in me who almost changed majors to geology thinks that's some amazing footage, but there's still a part that says rock ain't s'posed to move like that...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Closest I've been to a volcano is the capulin volcano in New Mexico.
Same here. The footage is amazing.
I need a big volcanic rock. Wife wants a rock garden off the front porch so as a centerpiece a Lava rock with all the holes, drilled so that water can flow over the top of the rock from a pump underneath is the goal.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same here. The footage is amazing.
I need a big volcanic rock. Wife wants a rock garden off the front porch so as a centerpiece a Lava rock with all the holes, drilled so that water can flow over the top of the rock from a pump underneath is the goal.
There is plenty out there towards the raton-clayton volcanic field.

Latest posts

Top Bottom